What's in it for you
Before adding content to your courses and distributing training to your users, you will need to create and configure the settings for each course. This allows you to provide information about the course to your users as well as giving you control on the sharing permissions available for the users taking the course. In some cases, you may want to include a Subject Matter Expert (SME) as a knowledgeable resource who can contribute to the course content due to their strong comprehension of the material.
- Create a new course and add an optional description of its content
- Assign the course to a curriculum and select a prerequisite, if necessary
- Add modules and optional Subject Matter Experts per module
- Configure settings related to collaborating
- Sync courses to your Showpad account
You need this to succeed
- Admin or content admin access to your LearnCore account
- Managers with content permissions for their user group(s)
The quick way to awesomeness
- Create a new course from your admin dashboard
- Add a description and assign ownership of the course
- Choose the modules you would like included in the course
- Configure the sharing and syncing permissions for this course
Do this step by step
- From the dashboard, click Create and then select Course from the options. Alternatively, you can click your name in the upper right-hand corner and select Course Creation.
- You will need to fill out the details of the course you are creating. This includes whether this particular course should be added to an existing curriculum or that another required course needs to be completed before moving on to this course.
- In part 2, you will select the modules that will make up this test. Only the modules that are included in your subscription will be available to select. Learn refers to the content you are providing to users. Test/Survey is the assessment section. If available, Pitch IQ will be the video pitches that your users submit for review. An SME (Subject Matter Expert) is a learner who you would like to be able to assist in course creation. This is typically someone who has exhibited a strong understanding of the material and can provide additional resources to learners with their contributions to the course.
- The last section of the course setup is to enable or disable the various options available for the course. The details and implications of each option are described below:
Allowing the Learn section to be downloaded in mobile for offline use means that any user who has downloaded the LearnCore app on their mobile device will be able to download individual courses, disconnect from a wifi network, and still complete that course within the app. They will need to stay logged in to the app in order to complete it offline. Once a user has completed a course offline on their mobile device, they will be able to reconnect to a wifi network, and their course completion or progress will be saved.
Allowing Social for this course means that any user assigned to complete this course will be able to collaborate, comment and ask questions that are visible by their colleagues about the course. Users can reply to existing social threads or comments, or start their own. This is a particularly valuable tool in making sure your users are collaborating and getting the most out of the content.
Show Social and Pitch activity across groups refers to having multiple groups assigned to the same course. For example, if you have 3 inside sales teams assigned to the same course, turning this on will allow everyone across the three groups to see the Social activity and Pitches submitted by people in the other teams. Turning this setting on will give your users the opportunity to collaborate with more people in the Social streams (mentioned above), and also view more Pitches submitted for this course by users outside of their own team. It gives Learners greater opportunity to collaborate with more colleagues, and see who the best salespeople are outside of their team.
Note: This setting can only be changed when the course is still In Development. Once published, you will not be able to change this setting.
- You can sync the course to Showpad and designate the appropriate division, if applicable, where the course should live. Save and continue to move to the next step.