What's in it for you
The official and supported way to install the Showpad app on a Windows device is through the Microsoft store. In specific cases, we can provide an APPX installation package to deploy Showpad on your Windows devices, which bypasses the use of the Microsoft store. It will work similarly to .exe or .msi packages and can be deployed by your IT team.
If your IT team needs to have an APPX package to distribute Showpad, you may contact support who can provide only the installation package. The package is available for both the Legacy Windows App and the Windows Desktop App.
Note: It is up to your IT team to find the best way to deploy it on the devices. We do not offer support for the installation as it is very company and infrastructure specific.
In case you experience error messages using the APPX package, we suggest to search online for the error code and find the possible solutions.
Once you've contacted our support team, you will be notified anytime there is a new version of the Showpadd app, and from there you may request the updated APPX package if needed.
You need to know this about the installation (APPX) package
- Contact support to receive the APPX package
- Understand that our support team will not complete the installation and deployment part
- Work with your IT team to install the APPX package because installation is very company-specific:
- It can be shared with employees on a shared drive
- It might be rolled out using a policy
- There might be custom installation scripts involved
- We send out updates as soon as a new version of the Showpad app is available