The official and supported way to install the Showpad Windows app on a Windows device is through the Microsoft store. Using the APPX installation file bypasses the use of the Microsoft store. It will work similarly to .exe or .msi packages and can be deployed by your IT team.
We currently provide two APPX files:
- Windows Legacy app: After Sept 1, 2021, Showpad will sunset the Windows Legacy app. Until then, your Customer Success Manager can provide you the APPX download link. Please see this article for more information.
- Windows Desktop app: our Support team can provide the APPX download link.
Note: It is up to your IT team to find the best way to deploy it on the devices. We do not offer support for the installation as it is very company and infrastructure specific.
In case you experience error messages using the APPX package, we suggest to search online for the error code and find possible solutions.
Once you've contacted our support team, you will be notified anytime there is a new version of the Showpadd app, and from there you may request the updated APPX package if needed.
What you need to know about the installation (APPX) package
- Understand that our support team will not complete the installation and deployment part
- Work with your IT team to install the APPX package because installation is very company-specific:
- It can be shared with employees on a shared drive
- It might be rolled out using a policy
- There might be custom installation scripts involved
- We send out updates as soon as a new version of the Windows Desktop app is available