What's in it for you
When purchasing an Android device in China, chances are it will be missing the Google play store. As a result, your users won't be able to download and install the Showpad Android app.
If your company is located in China or has a branch in that region, we can provide the installation file for your users. After contacting our support team, your users will receive an APK file, which can be used to install the Showpad app on their devices.
Be aware that Showpad push notifications on Android devices might be blocked in China, as this is a service created by Google.
Note: Some providers in China will also prohibit from installing APK files from unknown sources. In that case, there is little we can do. We suggest you cooperate with the local provider.
You need this to receive the installation (APK) file
- Your users are located in China
- Android devices
- Email addresses of the users
- A Showpad support request
The quick way to awesomeness
- Create a support request explaining that you need the Android APK file.
- Let us know the email addresses of the users in China who need the installation file.
- Showpad support will provide the APK. We suggest having your IT teams help the users with the next steps.
- Be aware that notifications will still be blocked because these are a Google service blocked in China
Note: We inform you, as the administrator, when the latest version is ready and which users have what APK version.
- Download the APK provided by Showpad Support on your Android device.
- The system asks if you want to allow this APK to be installed or the system will instruct the user to allow installing from unknown sources in the settings.
- After allowing the installation of the APK file, the app should install and it's possible to open Showpad on the Android device.