What's in it for you
With Showpad's Microsoft Office Online integration, you can make changes to your Powerpoint, Word, and Excel files using your 365 business account and have those edits reflected in Showpad. In addition, the activity of the modified file will be tracked just like other assets. This extends the ability to work with MS Office documents to those who may use non-Windows devices or prefer the online version of MS Office.
When you work within your Office 365 business account to update that brochure or add data to your sales spreadsheet, those important changes will be reflected in your Showpad account without the need to manually update the files or use any type of middleware. This streamlines your workflow and ensures that you are always working with the correct version of your file in Showpad without sacrificing the meaningful analytics of those assets.
- Tailor marketing-approved MS files for your sales needs
- Use original and customized files together in Collections
- Upload all personalized file versions to your My Files channel
- Retain analytics on the edited version of the original file
You need this to succeed
- Showpad Plus or Ultimate subscription
- An Office 365 business license
- Office Online Personalization enabled in your Showpad instance
- Access to the Showpad Web app
- Microsoft Office 365 files added to your channels in Showpad
- Your admin has to enable the setting "can be personalized" on the asset
The quick way to awesomeness
- Login to Showpad on the Web app
- Open the file you want to modify and click the edit button
- Name the modified version and click Create Copy and Edit File
- If necessary, log in to MS Office Online so the file is accessible
- Make the edits to the file which is auto-saved
Do this step by step
- Open your browser and sign in to your organization on Showpad's Web app.
- Locate the file you are wanting to modify and click the Edit icon.
- A window to create a copy and edit the file will open. If you have folders in My Files, you can choose a folder where the copy will live. Create a name for the copy you are creating and click Create a Copy and Edit File.
- If you are not yet logged in, you will be asked for your Office 365 credentials to access your content. In the event you have already logged in, you will go directly to the following step.
- The file will open in Office Online so you can begin making edits. As there is no save button, the changes will be made automatically in Showpad. Do allow a few minutes to see those reflected in Showpad as delays in the Microsoft tools may occur. This is most noticeable for Powerpoint files. After initial changes, the file will be autosaved to Showpad every 5 minutes.
Note: The "Saving..." and "Saved to Showpad" do not definitively indicate that the new version has been pushed to Showpad. With this in mind, the initial copy is not automatically saved to Showpad. It will push the edited copy to Showpad once changes have been made to the file.
- It is advised not to close the Office 365 tab until you have completed all the necessary edits to your file. If you go to edit the file again, you must make a new copy. Closing the tab will initiate the upload of the edited file to your My Files channel in Showpad automatically.