What's in it for you
Your company might work together with partners and resellers that use your content to promote your products. In Showpad's Online Platform, you, as an administrator, can see the license type for your users in a dedicated column. This helps you to identify direct and partner users easily.
To use this feature, you need the channel package activated. When activated on your organization, your users have a Direct license type by default. The channel package allows you to add, based on your contract, a limited or unlimited number of partner licenses. Direct license types users are always limited.
See how it looks
- Distinguish partners and direct users
- See the license type of a user in the License Type column
- Direct and partner licenses have the same functionality in the Showpad apps
- Have limited or unlimited partner licenses, based on your contract
- Direct license types are limited
- Add a license type when creating new users
- Change the license type for a single user
- Bulk change license types for multiple users
- Administrators will always have a direct license type
You need this to succeed
- Administrator access to Showpad's Online Platform
- Promoted Member with Manage Users and Groups permission
- Channel package activated for your organization
The quick way to awesomeness
- Create new users with the assigned license type
- Update a single user with a new license type
- Bulk change license types by selecting users
Do this step by step
Create new partner users
- Open the Users tab in Showpad's Online Platform and select Create New User.
- Fill in the user details and select Partner as a License Type. By default, it is set to Direct License.
Note: An administrator will always have a Direct License as license type.
- You can see the number of Direct licenses and Partner licenses on top of the screen. With the channel package activated, and based on your contract, you can have a limited or unlimited amount of licenses.
Change the license type for a single user
- Open the Users tab in Showpad's Online Platform and click the user you'd like to give a new license type. Click Edit next to license types.
- Check which product license the user should have and select Direct or Partner for each one.
Change license type for existing users
- Open the Users tab in Showpad's Online Platform and select the users you'd like to give a new license type.
- Click Select bulk option and click Edit license type.
- Select the license type for the selected users for each product.
- Click Save.