What's in it for you
Showpad’s Microsoft Office Desktop integration allows you to edit MS Office files (Powerpoint, Word, and Excel) that your marketing team provides in Showpad. You can edit this marketing-approved content to better satisfy your customer’s needs using Showpad's Web app and Office Desktop installed on a Windows device.
Together with our collections feature, personalizing presentations, documents, and spreadsheets to form a dynamic duo. Here's a great use case: You can use non-editable, larger PowerPoint files that your marketing team provides and separate, editable files where you can add and edit prospect names, agenda items, and any other ideas that personalize the presentation. You can mix and match the slides from both presentations in a collection, without having the larger PowerPoint file to be processed again.
Company logos change, and the color palette of your brand might get adjusted. Using this integration helps you always to use the latest branding and messaging format created by the marketing team. At the same time, it offers the flexibility to improve the buyer experience by adding information specifically for a customer and a prospect.
We don't edit the original file that was provided in Showpad. We create a copy of that original file instead. After adding your custom, personalized information, the file is uploaded and processed so you can enjoy using an optimized version on your personal channel.
To make this work, we install a middleware tool called Showpad Edit. This tool creates a copy of the original MS Office file and syncs it to your personal My Files channel.
Note: Showpad optimizes files to make sure you and your prospects have a speedy and active buying experience. This means that existing animations, videos, and macros won't be available in the optimized document.
See how it looks
- Have the flexibility to tailor content to your prospect's needs
- Mix and match non-editable and editable PowerPoint files into a collection
- Always use the latest, marketing-approved content and style
- The Showpad Edit middleware tool automates the syncing of modified documents
- Your personalized document is uploaded to your personal My Files tab
- Enjoy using and sharing an optimized version of your edited ppt, doc, or xls file
You need this to succeed
- A Showpad Plus or Ultimate plan
- A device with Microsoft Windows 7, 8.1, 10 installed
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2010, 2013 or 2016 installed natively
- The Showpad Web app opened in your compatible browser
- Permissions on your device to install Showpad Edit
- Make sure date and time on your device are correct to prevent syncing issues
The quick way to awesomeness
- Edit an MS Office file from your channel for the first time
- Install the Showpad Edit middleware
- Click the Edit button when opening the document in your channel
- Give your personalized copy a name
- Edit the document in your native MS Office app
- Save the file, and Showpad Edit automatically uploads the copy to My Files
- You can also edit previously edited copies
- Your personalized document will be optimized for usage in Showpad
Install the Showpad Edit tool to sync and upload modified Microsoft Office files
- Open the channel with the MS Office document your marketing team provided. In this example, a PowerPoint file will be edited with this tool.
- Select Edit file.
- Alternatively, you can first open the file and use the Edit file button on top.
- Click Install Showpad Edit. Our middleware tool will be downloaded. This tool creates a copy of the original document and syncs it to your personal My Files channel.
- Run the installer.
- Select Install.
- When the installation was successful, you can close the dialog window.
Note: Updates for Showpad Edit install automatically unless the initial installation was done with an MSI file. In that case, Showpad Edit will display a message that you need to install the updated MSI file.
Personalize your Microsoft Office document
- Edit the MS Office file in your Showpad channel.
Note: If you don't see an Edit button, you don't have permission to personalize this file or you don't have the necessary system requirements to edit.
- Give your personalized document a name so you can find it easily in your My Files tab.
- You can create a New Folder to have a new location for your edited copy of the file.
- Click Start Editing to close the dialog box.
- The file opens in your native MS Office application.
- Start editing and personalizing the document.
- Save the document, and you'll notice that Showpad Edit starts uploading the file to Showpad in the background.
- Inside Showpad's Web app, you will also receive a notification that a file has been uploaded. You can click Show to view the document in My Files.
- The personalized document appears in your personal My Files channel.
- When opening the document, you see the changes you made. Just like any other file in Showpad, you can now share this document with customers and prospects.
- To personalize a previously edited document, click the Edit button when opening the MS Office file. Give it a new name and select Start Editing.
- Make the changes in the document.
- The file will be uploaded to Showpad, with a different name than your previously edited document.