What's in it for you
When your organization stores their collateral in cloud storage, it's important that the material remains the single source of truth when being distributed to your sales team. By syncing content directly from certain cloud-based repositories, you can rest assured that all content in Showpad is the most current and up-to-date without manually updating single assets at a time. This saves on administrative waste and allows for more time to create the perfect content.
Updates to the content in your cloud storage will be reflected in the content library of the Online Platform. Use the monitoring tool in Showpad to verify details about each asset so you have better insight into the activity occurring related to your collateral, including a log of any changes that have been made to files. You can opt to delete or keep files when you delete the connection, typically if you have moved to another storage system. This gives you the flexibility to update connections over time without losing historical assets.
- Streamlines your asset management in Showpad
- Ensures there is a single source of truth for your collateral
- Provides insights into asset activity and updates
You need this to succeed
- Ultimate subscription for Showpad
- Content in a Box, Dropbox, or Google repository
Note: You cannot edit, rename, delete, or update assets in the Online Platform that were synced from a cloud storage platform. However, the creation and management of tags related to all assets must be done in the Online Platform. They are not transferable from the cloud repository.
The quick way to awesomeness
- Set up a connection between your cloud storage tool and Showpad
- Verify your credentials for your storage platform
- Choose the desired folders to sync to Showpad
- Confirm the files sync to the content library
- When needed, check the monitoring tool to see asset activity
Do this step by step
- Navigate to the integrations section of the Online Platform. If you have cloud storage enabled, you will see it on the left-hand side under Integrations.
- If you are setting up a cloud storage sync for the first time, click Get Started. To add another connection, click New Connection.
- Choose the division you want to sync content to. You can only have one content sync connection per division.
- You will be asked which available cloud storage platform you want to sync your content from out of the following options: Box, Dropbox, or Google Drive.
- Enter a description of your connection in the provided field and click Next.
- From there, you will be brought to a screen to authenticate your cloud storage credentials. This will look slightly different depending on which platform you use but, in general, it will appear similar to the platform's login screen. In this case, we will use Google Drive.
- You will be brought back to the Online Platform and should see the folders from your cloud storage platform listed under the Syncing Folders tab of the configuration window. You will be brought back to the Online Platform and should see the folders from your cloud storage platform listed under the Syncing Folders tab of the configuration window. Select the folders you want to sync into Showpad. You cannot select subfolders individually. Once you select a parent folder, you cannot unselect any of its subfolders.
- You should now see the connection on the cloud storage page. To make any edits to the existing connection, click Configure.
- By clicking Monitor you can view an activity log of the assets. This includes when the asset was synced to Showpad and any modifications made to the asset in the cloud storage. If necessary, you can click Force Re-sync to manually trigger another sync of the content.
- When you view the content library for that division, you will see the assets listed that were synced from your cloud repository. Assets synced from your cloud storage will be indicated by a small cloud icon to the left of the filename. You will only be able to edit certain details of these files. You will not see the option Move to Trash as you would assets that were added directly to the Online Platform. They must be deleted in your cloud storage to maintain a single source of truth.