Folders are the building blocks of Experiences and can contain other folders, Smart Folders, and assets. You organize your content in well-structured folders to make it easy for your users to navigate in their Experiences.
See how it works
Do this step by step
- Go to the Channel Builder and select the Experience you want to add a folder to.
- Click through to navigate to the location you want to add the folder to. Open the Add drop-down menu. Click Add Folder.
- Click Upload icon if you want to choose a custom folder icon. To revert to the default folder icon, click Revert to default.
- Give the folder a name and optional description.
- Select the following check boxes if necessary:
- Hide label in Experience: Select this check box to hide the folder name in the Experience. This is useful when you have created custom icons for your folders that already have the folder name in the icon.
- Hide folder in Kiosk Mode: Select this check box to hide the folder when a user enables Kiosk Mode.
- Click the Save button.
- You can enable an option to hide folders that are empty. To do so, go to the asset Library of your choice, and select Open Experience Builder.
- Select the Experience you want to enable this feature for, and click the gear icon the right of the screen, then choose Edit.
- Select Hide Empty Folders. This will allow you to build out categories without content to plan a system of organization that users won't see until you stock them with files and more.
- To create subfolders, or folders within folders, start by opening the folder you already created in the Experience. The breadcrumbs will show which folder and Experience you are viewing. From there, click Add, then select Add Folder. Repeat the steps above.