What's in it for you
Folders are the building blocks of Channels and can contain other folders, Smart Folders, and assets. You organize your content in well-structured folders to make it easy for your users to navigate in their channels.
See how it works
Do this step by step
- Go to the Channel Builder and select the Channel you want to add a folder to.
- Click through to navigate to the location you want to add the folder to. Open the Add drop-down menu. Click Add Folder.
- Click Upload icon if you want to choose a custom folder icon. To revert to the default folder icon, click Revert to default.
- Give the folder a name and optional description.
- Select the following check boxes if necessary:
- Hide label in Channel: Select this check box to hide the folder name in the channel. This is useful when you have created custom icons for your folders that already have the folder name in the icon.
- Hide folder in Kiosk Mode: Select this check box to hide the folder when a user enables Kiosk Mode.
- Click the Save button.
- You can enable an option to hide folders that are empty. To do so, go to the asset Library of your choice, and select Open Channel Builder.
- Select the Channel or Experience you want to enable this feature for, and click the gear icon the right of the screen, then choose Edit.
- Select Hide Empty Folders. This will allow you to build out categories without content to plan a system of organization that users won't see until you stock them with files and more.