What's in it for you
To prevent sensitive information from falling into the wrong hands, it's important to secure your valuable assets. We provide several permission options to make sure your content is secure.
See how it works
- Decide if assets can be shared, downloaded, or annotated
- Make content available in Kiosk Mode
You need this to succeed
- Administrator access on Showpad's Online Platform
- Assets in your Library
The quick way to awesomeness
Open the file permissions while selecting a file in the Content Library.
- Can be shared: Your users can share, and prospects can reshare. They can share this file via email, plugin or link. However, they cannot download the content if only this checkbox is activated.
- Can be downloaded: You can download this file. Unchecking this box prohibits users from downloading or editing this content. They won't be able to open the document in other applications on their device. Users will still be able to view the file, but downloading or sharing of the original copy will be disabled.
Your users can allow and deny downloading of content when creating a Share. If you, as an admin, deny downloading, your users won't be able to override your setting. In other words, when they allow downloading of content and you don't, your setting will apply.
It's still possible to add the file to a Collection if the file cannot be downloaded. However, when you try to share a collection with a file that cannot be shared, it will not be included in the Share.
Note: While these permission settings make it harder to download files by removing the download button, it's not possible to prevent visitors from using other techniques to capture content.
- Can be personalized: Users can edit PowerPoint documents by using the Showpad Edit middleware, Microsoft PowerPoint, and the Web app. The personalization option is only available if pages of an asset are allowed to be separated as well.
- Can be annotated: Users can add notes and drawings on the document.
- Show in Kiosk Mode: This document will be displayed when a mobile device is in Kiosk Mode. Kiosk Mode is very useful at trade shows where customers or prospects may need to access Showpad without being able to see all Channels and content. Those assets will be displayed with a lock icon in front of the filename. See how users can use Kiosk Mode.
- Allow pages separation: Users can mix and match all pages of this document with other content. Disabling this option means that users can't select pages to share and the document will always be shared as a whole. If you enable the Enforce grouped pages option, you can group the pages that will be locked together. See how to use this option.
- Global: Share the selected asset(s) with your other Divisions or not.
Do this step by step
You can change the permissions of a single file by following these steps:
- Click the Library tab and select a division, if relevant.
- Select the asset you want to modify and click the pencil icon beside Permissions.
- Select the desired permission settings for this asset, as described above.
If you want to change permissions in bulk, follow these steps:
- Select the assets you would like to configure.
- Select an option and click Edit.
- Scroll down to the drop-down menu for Permissions.
- Select the desired permissions and click Apply.