What's in it for you
To prevent sensitive information from falling into the wrong hands, it's important to secure your valuable assets. We provide several permission options to make sure your content is secure.
See how it looks
- Decide if assets can be shared, downloaded, or annotated
- Make content available in Kiosk Mode
You need this to succeed
- Administrator access on Showpad's Online Platform
- Assets in your Content Library
The quick way to awesomeness
Open the file permissions while selecting a file in the Content Library.
- Can be shared: Your users can share, and prospects can reshare. They can share this file via email, plugin or link. However, they cannot download the content if only this checkbox is activated.
- Can be downloaded: You can download this file. Unchecking this box prohibits users from downloading or editing this content. They won't be able to open the document in other applications on their device. Users will still be able to view the file, but downloading or sharing of the original copy will be disabled.
Your users can allow and deny downloading of content when creating a Share. If you, as an admin, deny downloading, your users won't be able to override your setting. In other words, when they allow downloading of content and you don't, your setting will apply.
It's still possible to add the file to a Collection if the file cannot be downloaded. However, when you try to share a collection with a file that cannot be shared, it will not be included in the Share.
Note: While these permission settings make it harder to download files by removing the download button, it's not possible to prevent visitors from using other techniques to capture content.
- Can be annotated: Users can add notes and drawings on the document.
- Show in Kiosk Mode: This document will be displayed when a mobile device is in Kiosk Mode. Kiosk Mode is very useful at trade shows where customers or prospects may need to access Showpad without being able to see all Channels and content. See how users can use Kiosk Mode.
- Global: Share the selected asset(s) with your other Divisions or not.
Do this step by step
You can change the permissions of a single file by following these steps:
- Open the Library & Channels to view all your imported assets.
- Select the asset you want to modify and click edit in Permissions.
- Select the desired permission settings for this asset, as described above.
If you want to change permissions on a collection of selected of files, follow these steps:
- Select the assets you would like to configure.
- Select an option and click Edit.
- Select the permissions for the assets. If you see a - icon, it means that this permission was already set on individual files, but not on all of them. You can deselect and enable the permission to all of them, or keep the permissions as they were configured.
- Click Apply.