As an administrator, you can create and manage your organization’s Showpad users. You can create a single user or multiple simultaneously.
The two types of Showpad users used the most are users and administrators.
- Users -typically sales reps- use Showpad on a mobile device or via the web application and can only interact with the content that they have been assigned to.
- Administrators, on the other hand, set up an organization’s content structure, upload and manage content, create and manage users and analyze content and user statistics. To create a single user, proceed as described below.
Note: After 10 failed sign-in attempts, users and admins must reset their passwords for security purposes.
When you create new users, an automatic invitation email with instructions is sent. These instructions explain where to sign in on Showpad, display the login credentials, and where they can download the mobile apps and email plugins. To hold all invitation emails or add a custom message in the footer of the email, read this article.
See how it works
You need this to succeed
- Access to Showpad's Online Platform
- Passwords must not include the company name or your first or last name
Do this step by step
- Click Users in the top menu.
- Click Add, and then click Create new user.
- Fill in the necessary information:
- Last Name
- Email address
- Language: This field indicates the preferred language of the user. It doesn't control in which language Showpad is visible to the user. That is controlled by the user's system or browser setting.
- Time Zone: You can add the local time zone for users here. It doesn't affect the time of scheduled announcements.
- Open the drop-down list and choose which role the new user will have in Showpad:
- Users have permission to use the Showpad apps.
- Administrators can use Showpad's Online Platform to manage content and users.
- Managers have access to the My Team tab for coaching.
- If you are creating a Manager, there will be an additional field next to assign groups to the Manager. These groups report to a particular Manager, and these are the users the Manager will see in their My Team tab.
- If you'd like, enter the user group(s) the new user should belong to.
- Check what product licenses this user will use: Showpad Content, Showpad Coach, or both.
Note: Creating a new user always activates them automatically. This makes sure they can sign in after creation. You can deactivate users later from within the Users tab.
- If you'd like your user to have a Direct Manager (other than a group manager or none), you can delegate that individual here.
- Select if you want users to specify their password and reset it on their first login.
- When you’re ready, click the Invite button. The user will now receive an invitation email with login instructions, Organization URL, Username, and Password.
They will also see the links to our mobile apps and our email plugins. Depending on their platform, they can quickly go to the app store and download the Showpad app.
- The user must click Confirm Your Email and change or add a password, depending on the settings you selected.
Note: If you modify the email address of a user after creation, a confirmation email is sent to the original email address. If this email address doesn't exist, please don't hesitate to contact our Support team by clicking the Help button below to change the address.