What's in it for you
Uploading content is one of the first steps to do as an administrator. All the files, also called assets, should be uploaded to the Showpad Library. This library serves as a central repository where you can manage your content, modify its properties, add tags, etc… When you’ve set up a content structure with Experiences, folders, and Smart Folders, you can quickly organize your content and distribute it to your users. Content in the Library is also available to be used within Showpad Coach courses. Each file can be used in multiple courses making it easier to store all learning content in one centralized location.
See how it works
- Upload content to use in Experiences
- Import from a local drive or from cloud storage
- Upload files with a size up to 2Gb
- Microsoft Office files with a size of up to 500 MB are converted to PDF
- Add URLs as assets
The quick way to awesomeness
- Click Add and choose which type of files you want to upload
- Select local content from your computer, cloud solution, or add a URL
- Alternatively, you can create a new Page to add content to
- Wait until processing is finished
- Add assets to Experiences and courses
Do this step by step
There are three ways to add assets to the content library:
Once your content is uploaded, it's processed to ensure it’s displayed correctly on all devices. When the processing is finished, the content will appear in the library.
Upload content from your local computer
- Click Library in the top menu.
- If your organization uses Divisions, click the relevant Division.
- Under the Assets & Experiences tab, click Add and choose the appropriate option.
- Click Upload files to add content from your local device.
- Click the Select content button to choose assets stored on your computer, or drag and drop the content into the Upload section.
- If you want, you can add tags to the assets you’re going to upload.
- Click inside the Add tags field.
- Select an existing tag from the list or enter a tag of your own and press Enter. Repeat these steps to add more tags.
- If you're using Divisions, you can choose to share the asset on all Divisions or not.
- When you’re ready, click the Start Uploading button.
Import content from a cloud solution
You can import your content from different sources. Keep in mind that assets will be imported and they will not change when you update the source. Folder or tree structure of your cloud solution will not be imported either. If a file is deleted or overwritten with a new version on, for example, Dropbox, it will not change in Showpad automatically, unless you import it again.
Note: When using Google Drive, natives files are converted to MS Office files upon synchronization to Showpad. Gslides become PPTX files, Gsheets become XLSX files, Gdocs become DOCX.
- Click Content in the top menu.
- If your organization uses Divisions, click the correct Division.
- Click the Add Content button.
- Click Import from...
- Click the cloud solution you want to import content from. In this example, we will import content from Box. You will need to connect this account using your cloud solution credentials. In this example, we will import content from Box.
- Click the Allow Showpad to access my Box account button and follow the login procedure on the screen. Click Grant access to Box (Or other).
- Select the assets you want to upload.
- Now, you can add existing tags to the assets you're about to import. You can also define that they're available on all your Divisions if you're using them.
When you’re ready, click the Import Content button.
- The files will be added to the processing queue and will be available shortly.
Add and track a URL
You can add URLs to your Experiences, collections, and smart folders. This allows for the same tracking ability as all other compatible asset types. In addition, you can assign custom thumbnail images to the URLs within Showpad or have a default icon appear in lieu of a preview image. As admins, you can control the permissions of any URLs added to Showpad. Your sales reps are then able to share the permitted URLs to prospects and track whether these are accessed. The tracking of these assets is visible as an In-App View in the user analytics. Unlike the other asset types, URL assets cannot be liked or commented on. You also cannot bulk add URL assets into the content library.
Note: Users cannot add URL assets to their My Files/My Uploads Experience.
- Click the Library tab. If your organization uses Divisions, click the correct Division.
- Click the Add then Add a URL.
- You will have the option to upload a custom icon (at least 500x500 pixels) to be displayed for the URL asset similar to a thumbnail for other asset types.
Otherwise, a default icon is used.
- Enter the URL you want to add to the content library. You can also provide a name that will be displayed under the icon in the Experience.
Note: Showpad does not validate the URL, so check that it is entered correctly. This also means that you can add any type of URL you would like and it is not limited to http:// or https://. However, it will not allow you to enter a URL that is not in a valid URL format. Some URL types may be blocked by browser security, such as local file URLs.
- You can add tags to the URL asset, similar to other assets, that will help when filtering content and adding to smart folders. As an admin, you can also determine the permissions related to this URL asset. If you don't want the name of the URL to be displayed, check off Hide name in Channel. Once you've added all the details, click Add.
- When you are viewing your content library, URL assets will be identifiable by the .url file extension. Like other content in the library, you will be able to edit details about the URL asset in the right pane when the asset is selected.
Note: For organizations that use Showpad divisions, it's important to note that URL assets do not transfer when you duplicate an Experience to another division unless they are in a smart folder. Duplicating Experiences among the same division does not affect URL assets.