What's in it for you
As an administrator, you can create and manage your organization’s Showpad users. You can create a single user or multiple users simultaneously. In general, there are two types of Showpad users: users and administrators.
Users, typically sales reps, use Showpad on a mobile device or via the web application and can only interact with the content that they have been assigned to.
Administrators and certain Promoted Members, on the other hand, set up an organization’s content structure, upload and manage content, create and assign courses and paths, create and manage users and analyze content and user statistics.
You can upload multiple users and administrators simultaneously by creating a .csv file (comma separated values) and uploading it into Showpad. Most user management systems allow you to export your users as a .csv file. If you have to create a new .csv file, you can start from the templates you can find at the bottom of this article.
Although it's not the reason why this feature exists, you can use it to bulk update your users.
Note: This is a beta feature that has its limitations and should be handled with care. Bulk updating users changes their passwords and updating email addresses is not possible. There is no way to specify or differentiate a partner license in the bulk upload.
- Create and manage Showpad users with a CSV file
- Export your users from another management system
- Edit and upload the user CSV file to Showpad
- Use our templates at the bottom of this article
- It is not possible to update a user's email address via bulk upload
Do this step by step
- Click Users in the top menu.
- In your browser’s address bar replace /list by /import. Your URL should now look like this: https://organizationname.showpad.biz/users/import.
- Press Enter.
- Carefully read the information and if necessary create or update your .csv file. Click continue when you're ready.
- Follow the steps on the screen and select Import.
To help you use this feature, you can download our templates here: