What's in it for you
Experiences allow you to organize and distribute your content to the relevant users and user groups in Showpad. If you want to reuse the folder structure and design of an existing Experience to use in another Experience or Division, you can easily duplicate that Experience and start adding folders and content.
- Easily copy folder structure and design to a new Experience
- Copy Smart folders and their Content
- You can edit the Smart Folder criteria if Smart Folders are available
- Quickly duplicate Experiences to other Divisions
- Only Experience structure and Design are copied to another Division
- Content is not copied to another Division
- Tags are copied to another Division and created if they don't exist
You need this to succeed
- Administrator access on Showpad's Online Platform
- Experiences, Content and Smart Folders in the Channel Builder
- Access to other Divisions if you have Divisions enabled
Do this step by step
- Go to the Channel Builder and display the Experience you want to duplicate.
- Click the Settings icon.
- Click Duplicate.
- Enter the name of the duplicated Experience. Select the Add me to this Channel check box if you want to get access to this Experience as a user.
- All Smart Folders are also copied to the duplicated Experience. If you want to edit the criteria content needs to meet to be added to the new copied Smart Folders, click Edit Contained Smart Folders.
- If your organization uses Divisions, click Destination to choose to which Division you want to duplicate the Experience. Note that if you duplicate an Experience to a different Division, only the Experience structure and design are copied. The Experience's content will not be copied.
If you duplicate the Experience to another Division the tags are copied to the new Division. If the tags don't exist in that Division, they are automatically created as new tags.