What's in it for you
Channels allow you to organize and distribute your content to the relevant users and user groups in Showpad. If you want to reuse the folder structure and design of an existing Channel to use in another Channel or Division, you can easily duplicate that Channel and start adding folders and content.
- Easily copy folder structure and design to a new Channel
- Copy Smart folders and their Content
- You can edit the Smart Folder criteria if Smart Folders are available
- Quickly duplicate Channels to other Divisions
- Only Channel structure and Design are copied to another Division
- Content is not copied to another Division
- Tags are copied to another Division and created if they don't exist
You need this to succeed
- Administrator access on Showpad's Online Platform
- Channels, Content and Smart Folders in the Channel Builder
- Access to other Divisions if you have Divisions enabled
Do this step by step
- Go to the Channel Builder and display the Channel you want to duplicate.
- Click the Settings icon.
- Click Duplicate.
- Enter the name of the duplicated Channel.
- Select the Add me to this Channel check box if you want to get access to this Channel as a user.
- All Smart Folders are also copied to the duplicated Channel. If you want to edit the criteria content needs to meet to be added to the new copied Smart Folders, click Edit Contained Smart Folders.
- If your organization uses Divisions, click Destination to choose to which Division you want to duplicate the Channel. Note that if you duplicate a Channel to a different Division, only the Channel structure and design are copied. The Channel’s content will not be copied.
If you duplicate the channel to another Division the tags are copied to the new Division. If the tags don't exist in that Division, they are automatically created as new tags.