What's in it for you
Channels are a fundamental concept in Showpad and allow you to organize your content and distribute it to your users and user groups in Showpad.
If you're using Divisions and want to assign a user group to a Channel, it's important to know that you first need to assign the user group to the correct division. Learn more about this here.
To enable users and user groups to access the content in a Channel, you must assign them to the specific Channel. There are two ways to do this:
- In the Channel Builder
- In the User menu
- Learn how to assign users and user groups in the Channel Builder
- See how you can assign users in the user menu
Do this step by step
Assign users and user groups in the Channel Builder
- In the top menu click Content.
- If your organization uses Divisions, click the relevant Division.
- Click the Open Channel Builder button.
- Open the Channel drop-down list and select the Channel.
- Open the Users drop-down list.
- Enter the name of the user or user group you want to add.
- Add button.
- Repeat the previous steps for any additional users or user groups you want to assign to this Channel.
Assigning users in the user menu
- Click Users in the top menu.
- Select the user you want to assign to a Channel. Assigning multiple users won't work and only the user highlighted in green is editable.
- Move your mouse over the Assigned Channels section in the user information panel.
- Click the Edit button.
- Click inside the Assigned Channels field.
- Enter the name of the Channel or select the Channel from the list. Repeat this step on any additional Channel you want to assign the selected user to.
- When you’re ready, click the Update button.