What's in it for you
Experiences are a fundamental concept in Showpad and allow you to organize your content and distribute it to your users and user groups in Showpad.
To enable users and user groups to access the content in a Channel, you must assign them to the specific Channel. This is done in the Channel Builder. As a best practice, it's easier to assign a group to a channel versus each individual user you wish to grant access, but it can also come in handy to assign users in one-off scenarios from time to time.
Note: If you're using Divisions and want to assign a user group to a Channel, you first need to assign the user group to the correct division. Learn more about this here.
See how it works
- Assign users and user groups in the Channel Builder
- Give or deny channel access to user and user groups
Do this step by step
Assign users and user groups in the Channel Builder
- From the Library tab, click Open Channel Builder.
- After choosing the desired channel, click Users.
- From the drop-down menu, enter the name of the user or user group you want to assign to the channel and click Add.
- Repeat the previous steps for any additional users or user groups you want to assign to this Channel.
Removing users and user groups in the Channel Builder
- From the Content tab, click Open Channel Builder.
- After choosing the desired Experience, click Users.
- Remove the user group(s) and users by clicking the remove button.