What's in it for you
Divisions are separate content and user environments within a global Showpad organization. Each division is managed by one or many Promoted Members (also referred to as Division Managers). A Promoted Member is a regular user who is granted additional permission to allow him to set up and configure his Division’s content structure, users and user groups, tags, filters, etc.
See how it looks
Depending on what you select as an administrator, a Promoted Member can access several sections on the selected division. The Admin Settings are not visible for this user. See all available permissions here.
- Grant additional permissions to another user
- Delegate control to a regional manager
You need this to succeed
- Ultimate plan on Showpad
- Divisions activated and created
- Groups assigned to the selected division
The quick way to awesomeness
- Click the Admin Settings icon in the top menu
- Click Divisions
- Select the Division in which you want to promote a user
- You can only promote users that are in a user group that has been assigned to this Division
- Click the Promote Member... button
- Select the permissions
- Select the Notify user via email to send details about the new role
- Click Save
Do this step by step
- Click the Admin Settings icon in the top menu.
- Click Divisions.
- Open the drop-down list and click the Division in which you want to promote a user.
- You can only promote users that are in a user group that has been assigned to this Division.
To add one or multiple user groups to the Division, click the Edit button and select the relevant user group(s).
- Click the Promote Member... button. Select Promoted Member from the group that is assigned to that division.
- Select the check boxes to give the Promoted Member corresponding permissions. You can see how it looks for promoted members here.
Manage Content: Add, remove, change content in that division.
Send Announcements: Send out announcements to the users in that division.
Manage Users and Groups: Create, change the name and email address, activate, deactivate users. The Promoted member can also create user groups and assign users to channels in this particular division.
See Reporting: See the reporting and details about user shares.
- Select the Notify user via email checkbox to send an email to the Promoted Member with details about his new role. This is the message we send:
- Click the Save button.
Depending on the options you enable as an administrator, Promoted Members will see different tabs in Showpad's Online Platform.
Promoted Members will always see the users for the selected division. However, if the Manage Users permission was not activated, it will not be possible to add, update, and remove users.
Here you can see how it looks for the Promoted User on Showpad's Online Platform:
Manage Content is enabled
Send Announcements is enabled
Note: When you send an announcement to all users as a Promoted Member, all user groups that fall under your divisions will receive your message.
Manage Users and Groups is enabled
See Reporting is enabled