What's in it for you
In Showpad you can delete a user to revoke his access to Showpad permanently. You may need to do this for example when a user is leaving the company.
Note: Removing a user will delete all user's personal content and user analytics. However, In-App Views will be preserved under Deleted User. Once the user is deleted, the shares the user created for prospects won't be accessible anymore.
If the deleted user created Shared Spaces, the Shared Spaces are permanently removed. Comments by a deleted user in Shared Spaces owned by other users won't be deleted.
You can also temporarily revoke a user’s access to Showpad by deactivating the user. Doing so will preserve all user-related content and user analytics.
Do this step by step
Delete a single user
- Click the Users page from the top menu. Select the Users tab.
- Select the user(s) you want to delete.
- Click the Delete icon in the user information panel.
- Choose Delete then click Confirm. If you select Deactivate, the user will no longer be able to log in to Showpad, but all their personal data will not be removed. You can reactivate a deactivated user at any time, but you can not undo deleting a user. When you choose Delete, all their personal data can no longer be accessed.
Delete multiple users
- To delete or deactivate users in bulk, select the users you want to delete then click Delete.
- A message will populate where you will select Delete or Deactivate.
- If you choose to Delete users, all of their personal data can no longer be accessed and the users will be anonymized in the analytics. This action cannot be undone. If you choose to deactivate the selected users, the users will no longer be able to log into Showpad, but their personal data will not be removed. Analytics will not be anonymized. You can reactivate users at any time.
- Select the Delete or Deactivate option, then click Confirm.