What's in it for you
Organizations upload and manage content by using the Showpad Content Library. You, as an administrator, need to be able to pull up relevant and related content quickly. This can be done with the use of filters and more specifically with asset tags.
Asset tags are labels you can add to your content. These tags are used to categorize, manage and find assets quickly. You can even use tags to automatically push assets into so-called Smart Folders and interactive Showpad Experiences.
You can use tags to categorize your content into sections going from broad to specific, which influences your searches and content analytics. They also play a key role in using Content Recommendations in Salesforce.
In case you're using divisions, it is important to know that tags are added separately and are not transferred automatically to all divisions. In short, you'll need to create tags in each division.
See how it works
- Tags are used to label and categorize your assets
- Use tags to create dynamic smart folders and experiences
- Users can use tags to do advanced searching
- Tags are important for using Content Recommendations in Salesforce
- Create filters in reports to give you specific Content Analytics
- When creating filters, we allow using up to 25 tags
- Examples of tags are:
- Type of document (i.e. spreadsheet)
- Language (i.e. English)
- Product range (i.e. tablet)
- Sales stages (i.e. prospect)
The quick way to awesomeness
- Add tags when uploading new content
- Add a tag to an existing asset in your Content Library
- Bulk edit multiple files to add a tag
Do this step by step
Adding tags when uploading assets
- From your Library, click the Add Content button.
- Choose how you want to upload content:
- Upload files: click this option to upload local assets stored on your computer.
- Add a URL: click this option to add URLs to your Experiences, collections, and smart folders.
- Import from…: click this option to import content stored in other apps like Box, Google Drive or Dropbox.
- Create Page: click this to create a new Page and add tags to it
- When you’ve selected the assets you want to upload, click inside the Add tags field and choose an existing tag from the drop-down list or type a new tag and press Enter to add it. You can add as many tags as you like. To remove a tag, click the cross in front of the tag name.
- Click the Upload button to upload your assets.
- If you've selected Add a URL, you can add the tags to the URL asset, similar to other assets, that will help when filtering content and adding to smart folders.
Adding tags to a single asset in your library
- Click the asset you want to tag in your library. The asset panel on the right has a Tags section. Hover over it and click to edit.
- You can choose to add existing tags by clicking on them from the menu. If they are uncategorized, you will see them in alphabetical order. You can also add new or existing tags by typing into the box below the menu. Click Save.
- To remove a tag, click the small x to the right of the tag name in this panel.
Note: For assets that are globally available, tags must be added or updated in the Global division.
Adding tags to multiple assets in your library
- Select the assets you want to add a tag to.
- Click Edit.
- Click inside the Add tags field and choose an existing tag from the drop-down list or type a new tag and press “Enter” to add it. You can add as many tags as you like. To remove a tag, click the cross in front of the tag name.
- You can also make bulk edits to the permissions for the selected assets.
- If preferred, set a release and expiration date for these assets under File life cycle and Optimization. Click Apply when you are done making your selections.
To read more about managing your tags, or adding existing tags from Excel, check out this article.