What's in it for you
If you have users reaching out that they didn't receive the invitation email, it's possible it was incorrectly categorized as spam. Ask them to check the spam folder to look for Showpad's invitation email. You can also whitelist the showpad.com domain if you want to prevent this from happening.
We send out these invitation emails from our domain. The Shares, sent out by the users, can be sent from your domain. To set up your sending domain, take a look at this article.
See how it looks
- Send an automatic instruction email
- Whitelist showpad.com to prevent spam categorization
The quick way to awesomeness
- In Admin Settings, add a custom message in Messaging
- Create a new user in the Users tab
- Choose the password settings
- Send out the invitation email(s)
Do this step by step
- If you first want to add a custom footer in the invitation mail, go to Admin Settings, Messaging, and add your custom message here. Click Save.
- In the Users tab, select Create New User.
- When you configure the password settings, you have the option to send an email with login instructions. Depending on your selection, this is activated by default.
- The user will receive the following email, with login instructions, Organization, Username, and Password.
- The user clicks Get Started and will have to change or add a password, depending on the settings you selected.
- Users will receive a second confirmation email with all the information they need and where they can log in.
In the invitation email, your users will see the links to our mobile apps and our email plugins. Depending on the platform they use, they can quickly go to the app store and download the Showpad app.
If you don’t want your users to get these invitation emails, you can create users without any notifications. You can read all about that in this article.