What's in it for you
As your organization evolves, so does your content. In Showpad you can easily upload, organize and delete assets in your Showpad library. You can update assets to a newer version if you have an updated document. Make sure you use the same file type as the original file.
For Microsoft Office documents, you can upload a new version of your asset, using an .xlsx, .docx, .pptx extension, if the previous version was an .xls, .doc, or .ppt document.
You can't upload a PDF version if the original file type was, for example, a Powerpoint document.
When updating an asset, all properties and data relating to that asset, such as attributed tags, permissions, and shares remain intact.
If your users have used this file or some of its pages in a Collection, the file will be automatically updated to the most recent version when they refresh the content on their device.
- Easily organize and update assets
- Update MS Office assets with .xls, .xlsx, .doc, .docx, .ppt, .pptx versions
- Choose to keep previous asset statistics
- Users receive updated assets on their devices
You need this to succeed
- Administrator access on Showpad's Online Platform
- Updated file versions of uploaded assets
The quick way to awesomeness
- Click the asset you want to replace
- Select the File Update icon
- Select Content and upload the new version
- Choose to replace statistics or not
- Upload the file
Do this step by step
- Go to your library and click the asset you want to replace.
- Select the File Update button in the asset information panel.
- Click the Select Content button and select the new version of the asset on your computer, or drag and drop it in the Upload section.
If your file type is different, you will receive an error message. Make sure you use the same file type when uploading new versions.
- Select the following check boxes if required:
- Reset ratings: select this check box if you want to reset the number of likes of the file. This is useful if the updated asset contains significant updates.
- Reset view counter: select this check box if you want to reset the view counter. This is useful when the preview thumbnail of the asset has been changed.
- Keep current filename: select this check box if you want to maintain the filename of the asset that will be replaced by an updated version. This way you don’t have to bother with naming conventions when creating updated versions of existing assets.
- Click the Start Uploading button.