What's in it for you
With Showpad for Chrome, you can access and share your Showpad content using your Chrome browser, Microsoft Edge Chromium browser, or Gmail account and track how your prospects and customers interact with it. You can drag and drop content from your local machine and track the sharing activities. These files are uploaded automatically to your My Files channel in Showpad, so you can use them again later. You can even navigate through your Advanced Experiences to find the best assets for your prospects.You can also use our advanced search to look for content stored in Showpad and find specific files and folders. When adding selected content, it's possible to allow or deny downloading of the shared assets.
See how it works
- Add content from different sources: Showpad and local drives
- See the activity on those Shares in Showpad
- See which devices and which browsers while viewing shares
- Discover on which platform and browser your share was opened
- Drag and drop local content
- Use advanced search to add content
- Allow or deny downloading of the Share
- Easily share content on social sharing platforms
You need this to succeed
- The Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge Chromium web browser
- The Showpad for Chrome extension
- Content in Showpad or locally on your machine
- Only Ultimate and Plus subscriptions can use the browser functionality
The quick way to awesomeness
- Add content from within Showpad
- Use our advanced search to add content
- Select assets from collections you created
- Add files from a drive on your computer
- Create your link or automatically share it on social media
- View your shares in Showpad
Do this step by step
Adding assets from Showpad
- Click the Showpad icon in your browser toolbar to access the file picker for the Chrome extension. If you haven't already done so, log in.
- Select one of the available platforms to share your content link. Otherwise, click Create a generic sharing link to copy the link to your clipboard to share elsewhere.
- Select the Recent, Experiences, Collections, or My Files tab to select the assets you want to add. All options work in a similar way, except My Files. We explain this below.
Note: You can log shares to your CRM when using the browser extension and sharing via a generic link or social sharing platform. You cannot log dynamic link options to your CRM. If you log to specific contacts, they will be reflected in the Showpad share insights.
- Open the folders to select the assets you want to add. If your channels contain links, they cannot be added.
You can also click on Advanced Experiences in your Experiences tab and navigate to different assets that you'd like to include in your Share. The Advanced Experiences, like this Mapper example, will look the same as you see them on the Web app. It makes it easy to locate the specific content you want to include in your message.
- Once you are in your desired channel, click on the assets. You'll see they are surrounded by a frame, indicating they have been selected. To deselect an asset, click it again or uncheck the checkbox.
- You can open the Web app by clicking the three dots if you want to check that it is, in fact, the correct content you'd like to share.
- You can also view your assets in a list or sort them by the last modification date by clicking the indicated filters.
- Once you've selected the desired assets, click Next.
- Give the link an internal sharing name. This will help you easily locate and track the engagement with this share, as it will be indicated in your insights.
- Choose a Sharing Theme. They determine how your content is presented to your prospect or customer. Your administrator determines which themes you have access to. Note that you can choose a different theme every time you add one or multiple assets or Collections. You will also be able to control whether your recipient(s) can download the content you share by checking or unchecking the box for Allow Downloads.
- Review the list of assets you've selected to share. If you want to remove one, click the X next to the file name.
- If you choose a dynamic sharing method, click Generate Link. The link will be copied to your clipboard and you can now paste it to share through the method you chose, in this example, Outreach. You can also copy the link directly. Click Done.
- If you selected to share via one of the social media options or a generic sharing link, you will also have the option to log the share to your CRM. This option is not available for the dynamic links, such as Outreach or Marketo. In this example, we choose to share via LinkedIn. To log the share to your CRM, use the toggle. If you add the contacts you will share the link with (for social or generic link options), any activity on that link will be associated with those contacts in Showpad.
- If you choose a social share option, click Share when you're ready. You will be redirected to share the link on the platform you selected. In the example below, we are sharing a link via Twitter.
Use the detailed search to find specific content
- You can quickly search for content stored in Showpad directly from the browser extension drop-down. In the search bar, begin typing what you are looking for then click the magnifying glass. You can also select an option from your suggested results or recent search history.
- Use the advanced filtering options to narrow down results by type or tags. Choose Type to select what you want to include in the search results. Check the boxes for Document, Experiences & Folders, Photo, and/or Video, depending on which results you want.
You can also filter the search results by tags. Click the Tags menu and select the ones you want to see included in the search results. Assets returned by the search will have all of the selected tags.
- Click Clear to view unfiltered search results at any time.
We give you the ability to find the correct matching documents based on:
- whether the word appears in the title
- whether the word appears in the document and is a stemmed version of that word. We support multiple languages so words are appropriately matched to their language-specific stem
- whether the word is part of a tag
Adding content from an external source
You can add content from external sources such as your computer’s hard drive to your My Files using the Showpad for Chrome browser extension. By doing so, you get valuable Share information on your prospect or customer’s activity on that content.
- Click the Showpad icon in your browser to trigger the Showpad extension drop-down. While this is active, drag and drop a file from your computer into the extension. The file will be uploaded into My Files.
- If you already have some content in My Files, you will be able to add more files using the Upload Content button in the top right corner.
- Once your assets are uploaded and processed, click to select them. They will be surrounded by a purple frame indicating they have been selected. To deselect an asset, simply click it again. These files will be uploaded to your My Files channel in Showpad. At any time, you can see how much storage you have left on your personal channel.
- You can sort your files by clicking the List View icon. Sort your assets by Name, Date, and Size.
- Choose a Sharing Theme. They determine how your content is presented to your prospect or customer. Your administrator determines which themes you have access to. Note that you can choose a different theme every time you add one or multiple assets or Collections. When you're done, click Next.
- In this section, you can review the list of assets you've selected to share. If you want to remove one, click the X next to the file name. In order to easily locate and track the engagement with this share, give the link a specific name which will be indicated in your insights. When you're done, click Next.
- Choose one of the available platforms to share your content link. Otherwise, click Create Link to copy the link to your clipboard to share elsewhere.
Note: To share content using WhatsApp, you need to use the web version of WhatsApp.
- In the example below, we are sharing a link via Twitter.