What's in it for you
Showpad automatically keeps track of all your activity in the app, such as which files you viewed, for how long, the content you shared, etc. With the Meetings feature and the separate Salesforce Integration feature, you can easily log all the content you viewed and shared within a meeting’s timeframe as an event in Salesforce. You can log a meeting at any point after your meeting, allowing you to focus on your sales conversation and greatly reducing your post-meeting administration.
- Log meeting activity to Salesforce
- Opt to log meetings manually or directly from your calendar
You need this to succeed
- Salesforce integration enabled
- Connected calendar to your Showpad account
- Meetings feature must be enabled by your organization
- The Showpad app installed on an iOS or Windows device
The quick way to awesomeness
- Open the Showpad app on your device
- Enter and verify your Organization Name
- Sign in with your email address and password
- Start sharing your available content
Choose your success platform
See how it's done on iOS
- Tap the Account tab. Swipe the toggle to Connect to Salesforce and login with your Salesforce credentials.
- Go back to the Account page. Tap Connected Calendars and choose which calendar you would like Showpad to connect with.
- If you'd like to log a Scheduled Meeting, tap the desired meeting of the list provided in the Meetings section of your Showpad account.
- Fill in the remaining details to complete the logging. You can adjust the time frame to capture additional activity. Fields with a red asterisk are required and predetermined by your adminstrator. When you are done, tap Save.
- You can also log an Unscheduled Meeting after it is over. Tap Log Unscheduled Meeting in the Meetings section of your Showpad account.
- Set the timeframe in which the meeting took place. As you adjust it, the meeting activity will be reflected accordingly. Once it's set to the correct time, click Next.
- You will be brought to the meeting details page, similar to when you are logging a scheduled meeting. Fill in the details and click Save.
- Now you can view the details of the meeting, either scheduled or unscheduled, in Salesforce. Tap to view the meeting details and then tap View in Salesforce.
See how it's done on Windows
- Swipe from the top of the app page down to go to the main menu. Then click on Meetings.
- Click on Log unscheduled meeting.
- Choose your meeting time and see all the activity that went on during this meeting: content that you presented, how long the content was watched and the content you had sent out during that meeting.
Note: Every activity you have within Showpad is automatically logged, regardless of what platform you are on. This information can only be logged from within your mobile device.
- Log the activity into your Salesforce account by clicking the arrow in the upper right corner. This opens up the SFDC meetings form. Fill in the required data and log the meeting info into your SFDC account by clicking Save in the upper right corner.
Note: The "Attendees" section is automatically populated if these are SFDC contacts. You need to assign the meeting to yourself or, if preferred, to somebody else.
- After you logged the meeting in SFDC you will notice that this meeting is visible in the overview of your meetings menu. There will be a View in Salesforce button. Clicking on this will bring you to your SFDC account where you can see the details of the logged meeting.
Meetings are logged as events in Salesforce. This is only the case when you are doing it from your mobile device. Online Meetings (held from within the web app) are still logged as tasks into Salesforce.
The benefit of logging meetings as events into SFDC is that the meeting form is customizable. Your administrator has set this up for you into SFDC with the mandatory fields that need to be logged. This gives you the opportunity to keep track of all relevant info that went on during that meeting. If you logged a meeting from within the Showpad app on your mobile device you can see all details on that meeting in your SFDC account.