What's in it for you
iSpring is a very useful tool to work with when uploading a PowerPoint presentation on your Showpad Online Platform. iSpring will convert your PowerPoint file into an HTML-file. This will make it applicable to all mobile devices and will preserve slide transitions, animations, and embedded media.
- Convert Powerpoint files to HTML5
- Create a ZIP file to import in Showpad
- See the animated PowerPoint file as an HTML app on Showpad
You need this to succeed
- iSpring on your Windows Platform (not available on macOS)
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Administrator access on Showpad's Online Platform
Do this step by step
Create a ZIP file
Once you have downloaded and installed iSpring on your PC, it integrates automatically in the Microsoft Powerpoint program.
- Open Microsoft PowerPoint and make your PowerPoint
- Go to the Subcategory of iSpring on the top of the window and click on Publish.
- To optimize you Powerpoint we have to go through some small steps.
- In Subcategory "General":
- Be sure Mobile (HTML5) is checked.
- Be sure to check "Zip output." This allows the file to be uploaded to Showpad much faster.
- The option Player will give you the opportunity to use buttons on the bottom of your presentation.
- An option which is very recommended by Showpad, certainly when using animations in your presentation. (To learn more about how to customize your "Player" option, click here.)
- Be sure you have chosen the right Local folder so that you will find your Zip-file at the end of this process easier.
- Go to the Subcategory "Compression". Here you can choose the quality of your PowerPoint presentation. We recommend choosing the largest resolution.
- In the Subcategory "Advanced", you can tell iSpring that you want all audio and video in your presentation is optimal when viewing your presentation in iSpring.
- When you have checked the "Extended audio and video compatibility", click on Publish. You will see the preview of your presentation. Once you have closed the preview, you will find the ZIP-file in the Local folder that you have chosen in Subcategory General. Upload this file to Showpad.
Changing the viewer settings
When publishing your PowerPoint presentation to HTML5 with iSpring Pro, there are a few different ways to configure how the viewer sees the created HTML app. Although we prefer the full-screen mode, it can also be interesting to add e.g. a previous and next button to allow your user to browse through the navigation features.
The default layout of the iSpring viewer has a title, side and control panel. You can hide or edit all of them. Just select the viewer in the General settings during publishing and choose to customize.
Let's take a look at the example of adding a "previous" and "next" button.
- First, you must hide the title and side panel.
- Then, you can edit the settings of the control panel. Uncheck all options except the buttons.