What's in it for you
You can easily incorporate a map inside the Showpad app, e.g. to show the location of the head office and subsidiaries.
Do this step by step
- Copy the URL of the location, e.g. https://www.google.be/maps/place/Moutstraat+62,+9000+Gent
There are a few other parameters that can be added to this URL: zoom level, latitude, and longitude points, type of map,... Please check the reference page to find out more.
- From the Content Library select Add a URL.
- Here you can upload a custom icon for your URL, add a name, paste the URL, remove the label (the name), and prevent it from showing up when using Kiosk Mode.
- The link to the location is created.
- Open Channel Builder, select the Channel where you wish to place the link and drag and drop the link there.
- If you don't have any other content or folders in your channel, the user will be redirected to the URL when opening the channel. If you have extra content, you will see the location icon.
Linking to the Google Earth app
It is also possible to link to the Google Earth app from within Showpad. This can be nice to e.g. show your head office in street view.
The procedure is the same as described above, only the URL will be different.