What's in it for you
In Showpad, you can add an URL (a link to a website) to your channels and folders. When the user clicks this piece of content, he will be redirected to the website with the URL that you defined in Showpad. Note that URLs only work when the user has access to the internet as the website the URL links to will not be available offline.
For better security, we highly recommend you to use HTTPS communication when adding this URL. If your users are on the iOS platform, there is an important remark: if an HTTPS URL is not available, and you still need to use HTTP, your users will need to have iOS version 10.1 or higher installed. If you're using an HTTP link and your users are still on iOS 9, the page will not load correctly.
You need this to succeed
- Administrator access on Showpad's Online Platform
- Your users need internet access to access the website
- an HTTPS address is recommended
- HTTP addresses are not supported on iOS9
Do this step by step
Add a website link in a Channel
- Go to Content and open the Channel Builder. Select the Channel where you want to add the URL. If necessary, navigate to the folder where you want to add the URL.
- Open the Add drop-down list.
- Click Add URL.
- Click the Upload Icon button to upload a custom icon for your URL.
- Enter the URL name.
- Enter the URL (make sure to include HTTPS:// to be able to access the URL link on mobile devices)
- If required, select the following check boxes:
- Hide label in Channel: Select this check box to hide the URL name. This is useful when you have created custom icons for your URLs that already have the folder name in the icon.
- Hide in Kiosk Mode: Select this check box to hide the URL when a user enables Kiosk Mode.
- Click the Save button.
Edit a website link in a Channel
- Go to Content and open the Channel Builder. Select the Channel where you want to edit the URL. If necessary, navigate to the folder where you added the URL.
- Edit the Name or the URL and click Save.