What's in it for you
When you import an asset to your Content Library, the original filename is used in Showpad. On the user side, these filenames are displayed in the Showpad apps. Customers and prospects see the same filename when your users share their content.
To avoid confusion, you can modify an asset’s filename to a shorter and more comprehensible name.
See how it looks
- Use a filename to describe your asset
- Your users and their customers will see what the asset is about
- You can use special !***@#characters#@***!
Do this step by step
- Click Content in the top menu.
- If your organization uses Divisions, click the relevant Division.
- Click the asset you want to rename.
- Move your mouse over the asset name in the asset information panel on the right.
- Click the Edit button.
- Enter the new asset name.
- Click the Update button. The filename is now updated in the library and will appear in the app as soon as users update their content.
For URL assets, you also have the option to hide the file name that you assigned. When the name is hidden, only the default or custom icon will appear in the channel.