What's in it for you
The more assets your content library contains, the more valuable it becomes to manage them efficiently. It's possible to bulk edit assets to save precious time.
You can change the sharing properties, edit tags, set release and expiry dates, and change optimization selections in bulk for assets in your library.
- Bulk edit multiple assets in just a few steps
- Change content tags
- Update asset authors
- Add or remove locales
- Update asset permissions
- Create or update expiry and release dates
- Save time
You need this to succeed
- Admin or Promoted Division Member with Manage Content permission
- Assets in your content library
Do this step by step
Note: When a selection of assets contains one or more global files, not all actions will be permitted. All options besides the editing of tags will be disabled.
- Click Library in the top menu.
- If your organization uses Divisions, click the relevant Division.
- Select the assets you want to edit. If you use the checkbox at the top, all the assets on that particular page will be selected.
- Click Edit.
- Modify the properties of the selected assets:
- Edit Tags: Add tags by clicking into the text field typing a new tag name, or select an existing tag from the list. Press enter to confirm. To remove a tag, click the tag’s delete icon. For more information about tags, you can take a look at this article.
- Edit Locale: Add languages or countries by clicking into the text field typing a language or country, then selecting it from the list. To remove a language or country, click the x icon.
- Edit Authors: To edit the authors of all the selected files, type an author name into the text field and select the correct person from the list. To remove an author from the assets, click the minus icon next to their name below.
- Edit Permissions: Select or clear the relevant permission check boxes. There's a detailed article available, explaining all available permissions for securing your assets.
- File life cycle: Add or change expiry and release dates for all assets in your selection.
- Optimization: Select whether or not you want your files optimized. Showpad automatically optimizes PDFs and video files, and the use case for unselecting this option would be if you've already optimized your files prior to uploading them.
- Click the Apply button to confirm the bulk edit selections.