What's in it for you
Larger organizations can be structured in different regions and administrators want to manage their content and users independently from one another. Some organizations also have to separate content and users based on language, product line, business unit, etc... Divisions to the rescue!
You can separate content, permissions, and user environments within a global Showpad organization. Each division can set up its content structure, channels, users, and user groups, tags, filters, etc.
Using Divisions implies some structural changes compared to a regular Showpad organization:
- There is always an overarching Global Division. Admins in the global division can upload content that can be used by all underlying divisions.
Admins can create and manage all users in the global and underlying Divisions.
- Each underlying division is managed by one or more Promoted Members and has its own content library and Experience/folder structure that only users and user groups assigned to this division have access to.
Depending on the specific permissions set, Promoted Members can upload content to their division, create and manage users for their division, manage Courses and Paths, send announcements and spotlights to their division’s users and see user and content analytics for their division.
See how it looks
- Separate content based on region or language
- Assign user groups to selected divisions
- Use content from the global division in underlying divisions
- Promote members to give more granular permissions to certain users
You need this to succeed
- Divisions need to be enabled in your Admin Settings
Contact your Showpad Customer Success Coach when it's not visible
The quick way to awesomeness
- Open the Admin Settings icon in the top menu
- Click Divisions
- Open the Global drop-down list and click New Division
- Enter the Division name
- If necessary, select the following check boxes:
- This Division can share content globally: select this check box if you want other Division to be able to see this Division’s content.
- Groups assigned to this Division: select the user groups that need access to this Division’s content. You can modify this later.
Do this step by step
- Open the Admin Settings icon in the top menu.
- Click Divisions.
- Open the Global drop-down list and click New Division.
- Select a name for the new division. If necessary, check the box if you want the content in this new division to be shared locally.
- Select the user groups you would like to be assigned to this division. When you're done, click Create.
Great. You created your divisions. Next, you’ll need to assign individual users or users groups to channels in your divisions. Then, you can promote the user(s) who will manage the content and users in the new Division to Promoted Member(s).