When changing an Experience's structure or content the modifications are saved automatically. This means that users will see those changes the moment they update the content on their device. To prevent Showpad from making your updates available to users before you're ready, you can temporarily lock your Experience. By doing so, you can work on your Experience's structure and add or remove content without your users seeing any changes, even when they update their content. Your updates will be saved, just not pushed to users.
When you are satisfied with your Experience's structure and content, you can simply unlock the Experience again to carry over your changes to the users’ devices when they update their content. To lock an Experience, proceed as described below.
Note: If a file is updated while the Experience is locked, the new version will publish to users immediately. Users on mobile will have the new version as soon as they update their content.
- Experience changes save automatically
- Users see updates once they update the content
- Lock your Experience to prevent auto-saving
- Unlock to allow users updating the Experiences and content
Do this step by step
- Go to the Experience Builder and display the Experience you want to lock.
- Open the settings drop-down menu and click Lock. If at a later point you want to unlock the Experience, click Unlock.