What's in it for you
When changing a Channel’s structure or content the modifications are saved automatically. This means that users will see those changes the moment they update the content on their device. To prevent Showpad from automatically saving your changes, you can temporarily lock your Channel. By doing so, you can work on your Channel’s structure and add or remove content without your users seeing any changes, even when they update their content.
When you are satisfied with your Channel’s structure and content, you can simply unlock the Channel again to carry over your changes to the users’ devices when they update their content. To lock a Channel, proceed as described below.
Note: If a file is updated while the channel is locked, the new version will publish to users immediately. Users on mobile will have the new version as soon as they update their content.
- Channel changes save automatically
- Users see updates once they update the content
- Lock your channel to prevent auto-saving
- Unlock to allow users updating the channels and content
Do this step by step
- Go to the Channel Builder and display the Channel you want to lock.
- Open the settings drop-down menu and click Lock. If at a later point you want to unlock the Channel, click Unlock.