What's in it for you
When you add a video to your Content Library, you can use these best practices to make sure that your file uploads fine and does not take too much time to process. It is possible to use HD content and these recommendations can be used if your video file is not displayed correctly on the devices of your users.
- Upload video files to Showpad
- Use the following extensions:
.mov, .wmv, .mp4, .m4v, .3gp, .mpg, .mpeg, .rm, .avi, .asf, .flv, .ogv, .ogg
- Special codecs to compress file size, like DivX (AVI), are not supported
- Use these recommended settings when the video plays incorrectly
The quick way to awesomeness
These minimal settings will always work when creating videos for Showpad.
- mp4 Format
- 29.97 Fps Frame Rate
- 6-8 Mbps Bit Rate
- 800 x 600 resolution
Do this step by step
- It's recommended to save your video in .mp4 format, to make sure the processing of the video goes smoothly. To convert to .mp4, you might need a tool. You can ask the original video creator to export the file with these recommended settings, or use the following free tools to convert the video file.
Handbrake (desktop tool)
Cloud Convert (web-based tool)
This tool is great for basic converting. However, the free account has its limitations with processing large, high-quality videos.
- To ensure optimal playback on Showpad, please make sure the following attributes are close to the following values:
Frame Rate: 29.97
Bit Rate: 6-8Mbps
- Make sure your resolution isn't unnecessarily high. When a video is uploaded, we will reduce it to an optimal resolution for Showpad use. Before uploading a video set the resolution to about 800x600.
- Always take into account that when you're uploading a large file, it might take a while for the file to get processed.
- When you upload a video file to Showpad, we automatically generate a thumbnail. This thumbnail is the middle frame of your video. You can select a different thumbnail by clicking on the file.