What's in it for you
In Showpad you can deactivate a user to revoke access to Showpad temporarily. You may need to do this for example when a user has lost a device on which Showpad was installed. By deactivating that user in Showpad, anyone trying to access Showpad on the lost device will be forced to log in. Once your user gets a new device, you can activate the user again in Showpad. Note that deactivating a user does not result in loss of user and content analytics. This only happens if you permanently delete a user.
Deactivating a user also affects the number of user licenses. If you deactivate one user, you can use that license for creating a new user.
Note: When deactivating a user, the created Shares will still be accessible for prospects. However, when you delete a user, Shares won't be available anymore.
Do this step by step
Deactivate a single user
- Click Users in the top menu.
- Click the user you want to deactivate.
- Move your mouse over the Status section in the user information panel.
- Click the Edit button.
- Clear the Activated check box.
- Click the Update button. To activate a deactivated user, just select the Activated check box and click the Update button.
Deactivate multiple users
- Select multiple users in the Users tab.
- Select the bulk options at the bottom and click Delete.
- Select Deactivate. This will make sure the users are still available in your system without removing them.
- Click Confirm.