What's in it for you
With the Announcements feature, you send notifications and emails to your users and share in-depth updates instantly. Yes, you can also spread your sales love, but we recommend you use it for sending valuable information. This information can include rich text and Showpad content. It's automatically pushed, and users don’t need to update the content to see the message.
If users have push notifications enabled on their device, your announcement will appear on their device, even when they are not inside the Showpad app. Do not worry about waking up sales reps working across different time zones. You can share the announcements on their local time.
See how it looks
- Send important announcements and add Showpad content
- Send email notifications
- Share elaborate updates with your sales reps at their local time
- Users receive the notification even when they're not in the Showpad app
- Use the rich text editor to style your text
- See an overview of sent, scheduled, and archived announcements
- See how many users read or didn't read your announcement
You need this to succeed
- Administrator access to Showpad's Online Platform
- A valuable announcement to send
The quick way to awesomeness
- Open the Announcements page
- Write the message to your users
- Schedule the message if you prefer
- Check the Insights to see who received and opened the announcement
Do this step by step
- Click Announcements in the top menu.
- Click the New Announcement button.
- Enter a subject in the announcement.
- Edit the text with the rich text editor. You can add bold, italic text and create a list.
- Add Showpad content in the announcement. Keep in mind the users will need to have access to that particular content. Click Insert Content and select or search the content you want to add.
- Once you've checked the content you want, click Insert items. The links to the content will be added automatically.
- Send the announcement to the selected users. You can select All users, Channels or user groups.
When you select Channels, the announcement will be received by all User Groups that have access to that channel.
Note: When you use divisions and you send an announcement to all users, all user groups in all divisions will receive your message. Select the corresponding user group if you want to send an announcement to a certain division.
- If required, select the Request User to update content check box. This is useful when you want to add extra emphasis on your request to update their content.
- Notify users by email to avoid delays and that they will receive the message if the notification was not delivered. Your email address needs to exist on your company domain since that's the address used for user replies.
Note: Just like normal emails, you receive out of office email replies when users are not available.
- If required, set the date and time on which the announcement should be sent. Those announcements will appear in the Scheduled view.
- When you’re ready, click the Send button.
Note: Keep in mind that a push-notification can only view around 110 characters. When writing your announcement be sure to start with a subject, which gives an overall idea about what your announcement is about.
- For your users, the announcement will look like this. (Showpad's Web app and iOS app example.)
- Clicking an announcement opens up the announcement details.
- You can archive announcements by clicking Archive.
- For your users, the announcement will show up on their devices and when selected, via email. A link to view the content in our Web app is automatically included.