What's in it for you
Sharing content with customers and prospects is the foundation of Showpad. Your users have multiple options to create a Share. How it looks for their recipients, depends on how you configure their shared content viewer. This is a visually attractive and engaging web page that can match your corporate branding. On our Online Platform, the design of the shared content viewer, the notification email they receive, and shared spaces is done by creating sharing themes.
If you start working with Showpad, we already provide a default global sharing theme. If you edit this global theme for your company, the changes made will be applied to all Experiences and divisions.
We'll dive in and see how you, as an administrator, can build and customize the shared content viewer for your users and their viewers.
See how it works
- The shared content viewer presents the content your users share
- Create multiple sharing themes to create various shared content viewer styles
- Set a default sharing theme for your channels
- Customizable design elements are the header, logo, About section
- Allow or deny sharing of assets
- Allow or deny downloading of assets
- You can change the privacy disclaimer
- Updating a Sharing Theme updates existing shares and shared content viewers
You need this to succeed
- Administrator access to Showpad's Online Platform
- Content and channels
- Company branding material, such as a logo, color scheme, and an optional privacy disclaimer
The quick way to awesomeness
- Create a sharing theme
- Change the About description
- Review asset security settings to allow or deny sharing and downloading
- Customize the privacy disclaimer
- Make your sharing theme available in specific channels
- Set a default sharing theme
Do this step by step
Create a Sharing Theme to show the shared assets
Your sales reps can share content and, if configured, select multiple styles. The structure will always be the same, but the visual style can be customized by you. The default Showpad sharing theme displays the Showpad logo on a black background. If you change the default theme, it will apply to all channels and divisions.
Let's see how you can quickly create a new sharing theme.
- Open Content and select sharing themes.
- Click New Theme, give it a name, and save.
- Customize the header color, the logo, and the font color. The preview will show how it looks in real-time. For the best logo results, use an image with a maximum height of 90 pixels and maximum size of 5 MB.
- You can change the description in the About window. This description is only visible in the shared content viewer. If you use shared spaces, the description is not visible as it does not have an about section. You can use up to 800 characters for this description.
- Your users will also see this description when selecting the preferred Sharing Theme while creating a share.
- You can add an optional image that will be visible in the About section of the shared content viewer and on the shared spaces your users can create.
Note: We suggest using contrasting colors for the header and the font. For example, using a white font color on a white header makes content not readable for users and should be avoided.
- When you're done, hit the Publish Changes button to save your sharing theme.
Make your Sharing Theme available in specific channels
You can assign the sharing theme you created to the channels of your choice. Click channels and select or search for the channels. Your users will be able to select from this list of sharing themes when sharing content with their prospects and customers.
Note: When working with Divisions, users see the sharing themes available in their division. You, as an administrator, might see more sharing themes if you have access to multiple divisions.
Set a default Sharing Theme for all channels in a Division
To select a default sharing theme that will be used automatically in the channels of your users, click the options button and select Make Default.
Note: The selected default sharing theme will be applied to all channels of the division.
Duplicating a Sharing Theme
- To duplicate the sharing theme, to use some elements of a previous theme, select Duplicate.
- Click Publish Changes to save your sharing theme.
Renaming a Sharing Theme
- Rename the Sharing Theme by clicking Rename.
- Click Publish Changes to save your sharing theme.
How recipients can browse the content
At the left side of the screen, recipients can scroll down and browse the shared asset(s). They can focus on the selected asset, by closing and opening the left pane. Clicking or tapping the caret reopens the browsing pane. This icon is only visible when you share multiple files or pages.
When opening the asset, the visitor sees a menu that allows to zoom in, zoom out, download the asset, and see the document in full screen. You can change the download permissions on assets by changing the permissions in the content library.
The About section
It's possible to change Showpad's default privacy disclaimer. Find out all about it in this article.
The reshare option
The recipient can reshare the received content by clicking share. These reshares are visible in your reporting as well, by opening the share menu in the Showpad app. You, as an administrator, can see these shares and reshares in the Reports - Activities section of the Online Platform.