In this article, you can find a few best practices for content structure and tagging.
Be sure to check the attached Excel template that you can use to set-up your content structure for Showpad.
- Keep the number of folders on each level to 8 or less
- Have no more than three subfolders level
- Assigning channels to user groups and not individual users will save you a lot of time in case user assignments need to be changed.
Tagging & smart folders
The best way to set-up your content is by using smart folders. It will save you a lot of time later when content needs to be updated as well as when uploading content for the first time.
- Tag each file with each folder and subfolder that it will be in.
- Optional: Tag all content with its type (e.g., pdf, video, image, png, jpg, pptx). You can also choose to tag content more categorically.
- Find more general information about Smart folders and tagging in this article.