What's in it for you
Sometimes the content you upload to Showpad is linked to special events like promotions, sales competitions or individual campaigns. In such cases, you can upload assets to Showpad and set a release and expiry date to ensure they are available in the correct time frame. You can also choose to set only a release date without expiry date and vice versa. For users, expired content is still visible in Experiences, but it's not possible to share or open the asset anymore. Content with a future release date won't be visible yet for your users.
See how it looks
- Set a release and expiry date for temporary, promotional content
- If the release date is not reached yet, the asset won't be visible for users
- Expired assets are still visible in the content library and for users in their Experiences
- Expired content is grayed out in Experiences
- You can change the expiry date to make assets accessible again
Do this step by step
- Click Library in the top menu. Choose a division, if relevant.
- Click the asset for which you want to set a release and expiry date. Click the pencil icon when hovering over Availability.
- Select a release and expiry date and click Save.
- You can give multiple assets the same release and/or expiration date in bulk. To do so, choose your assets and click Edit.
- Under the File life cycle, select a release and expiry date.
Keep in mind that assets will be released at the start of the day you have chosen and will expire at the end of the day you have selected, using the time zone that was set for your account.
- On Showpad's Online Platform you'll notice that in the Channel Builder expired content is grayed out. When hovering on the asset, an Expired label appears.
- Users won't be able to open expired content on their devices or the Web app.