What's in it for you
Use SharePoint Online as your single source of truth for managing your valuable content. Our SharePoint Online middleware connector automatically syncs documents, document properties, and permissions to Showpad and optimizes them for web and mobile usage. Distribute your SharePoint content in a branded environment your sales reps can access on Showpad's Web app and every mobile device with our apps and email integrations, online and offline.
- Understand how and when your SharePoint content is used with the Showpad integration
- Use SharePoint Online as your single source of truth
- Map certain asset properties to Showpad based on the column type in SharePoint
- Use a Showpad Tenant URL to set up a secure OAuth 2 link between Showpad and Sharepoint
- If the connection between SharePoint and Showpad is interrupted, your processed documents are still available in Showpad
- Continue to upload assets directly to the Content Library as needed
- The Showpad Connector only needs to be installed by the admin and added to each relevant SharePoint site. Showpad users shouldn't do anything to use this feature.
You need this to succeed
- The integration works with Microsoft SharePoint Online
- You have one subdomain on SharePoint Online
- Administrator access on Showpad's Online Platform and SharePoint Online
- Reach out to your Customer Success Coach to activate the SharePoint integration
- Documents available in your SharePoint sites and subsites
- Our Showpad Connector, available in the Microsoft Office Store
The quick way to awesomeness
- In the Showpad Admin Settings, enable the SharePoint integration
- Copy the Service ID, Client ID, and Token to configure your site connections
- Download and install the Showpad SharePoint Connector from the Office Store for the desired sites and subsites
- Fill in the Showpad Tenant URL (https://organizationname.showpad.biz)
- Paste the generated Service ID, Client ID, Token, and an optional webhook URL
- Optionally, add a webhook URL where all syncing activity will be logged
- Select the document libraries you want to enable for this site and subsite(s)
- Configure columns to map properties to Showpad
- Setup and manage your content and channels in Showpad
- Distribute your files stored in SharePoint Online securely via Showpad, ensuring sales always have access to the latest, on-brand content
Note: When using versioning on SharePoint Online, only major versions (1.0, 2.0,...) of your documents will automatically be updated and processed by Showpad
Do this step by step
- In the Showpad Admin Settings, Integrations, enable the SharePoint integration.
- Copy the Service ID, Client ID, and Token to configure your site connections so we can use them later to set up the link in the middleware connector.
- When you're signed in on SharePoint Online, you can download the connector in the apps section.
- Select Add It and confirm that you wish to add the app by selecting Continue.
- Configure the connector at the site collection level. We support multiple sites and subsites on one SharePoint subdomain. Add the app via Site Contents and select Trust It.
- Configure the Showpad Connector App for your Site. Fill in the Showpad Tenant URL (https://organizationname.showpad.biz). Paste the generated Service ID, Client ID, and Token. In the Admin Email Addresses field, provide email addresses that should receive a notification when an error occurs during syncing. We use this type of OAuth 2.0 to make sure the connection still works when you change your SharePoint Online administrator password. Optionally, you can enter a webhook URL to determine where syncing activities are posted.
- Select the document libraries you want to enable for this site and subsite(s) by sliding the toggle to green.
- Now you need to create the columns in SharePoint in order to configure property mapping to Showpad. From the content library in SharePoint, you will see a list of your files. Click Add column to begin configuring the columns. You will be able to see these columns listed in the content library moving forward and you can edit them here.
- The available properties to map to Showpad are dependent on the column type in SharePoint. The list of Showpad properties and their corresponding SharePoint column type are:
File name: Single line of text. Note: If there is a column with Name already during installation, this mapping will occur automatically.
Publish: Yes/No or Choice (with options of "Publish" and "Not published")
Division and tags: Single line of text, Choice, or Managed Metadata
Description: Single line of text or Multiple lines of text
Expiration date and release date: Date and Time
Asset permissions: Yes/No
Note: For divisions, you can only map to Showpad when the division already exists. If you attempt to create a division through the integration, an error will be shown.
- When mapping tags to Showpad, you can select Choice and add multiple options as SharePoint column types. This will result in each value becoming a separate tag. In order to distinguish the same values in different columns regarding tags, you can select an option to include the column name along with the tag (tags, incl. column name). This will prevent tags with differing meanings from being added to the incorrect files. When that option is selected the value will be shown as <Column Name> - <Column Value>.
- In addition to property details, you can map certain file permissions to Showpad as well. When creating a Yes/No column in Sharepoint, you will see several permission options in the Showpad connector when you click the drop-down.
- A selection of Publish as a mapping property is mandatory for content to sync to Showpad. When it is not included in your configuration, an error will be shown in your connector indicating that it is needed. You will also not be able to click Apply when configuration details are missing.
- Every update to a file and every version update will also reflect in Showpad in the activity log. If syncing fails, an error message will appear indicating where the error is occurring. Document properties, like asset permissions, are also synced. When a file is deleted from SharePoint, it will also disappear in Showpad's Content Library.
You can see a SharePoint icon in Showpad's Content Library to show the synced SharePoint documents.
- Setup and manage your content and channels in Showpad. Distribute your files stored in SharePoint Online securely via Showpad, ensuring sales always have access to the latest, on-brand content.