What's in it for you
Use SharePoint Online as your single source of truth for managing your valuable content. Our SharePoint Online middleware connector automatically syncs documents and document properties to Showpad and optimizes them for web and mobile usage. Distribute your SharePoint content in a branded environment your sales reps can access on Showpad's Web app and every mobile device with our apps and email integrations, online and offline.
See how it looks
- Understand how and when your SharePoint content is used with the Showpad integration
- Use SharePoint Online as your single source of truth
- Automatically import and distribute your SharePoint documents and properties to Showpad
- Use a Showpad Tenant URL to set up a secure OAuth 2 link between Showpad and Sharepoint
- A particular document property is used to sync with Showpad
- Leverage additional file permissions in SharePoint, such as expiry dates, annotations, and kiosk mode
- Other text-based metadata in SharePoint will show up in Showpad as tags
- If the connection between SharePoint and Showpad is interrupted, your processed documents are still available in Showpad
- It's still possible to upload additional documents directly in Showpad's Content Library
- The Showpad Connector only needs to be installed by the admin and added to each relevant SharePoint site. Showpad users shouldn't do anything to use this feature.
You need this to succeed
- The integration works with Microsoft SharePoint Online
- You have one subdomain on SharePoint Online
- Administrator access on Showpad's Online Platform and SharePoint Online
- Reach out to your Customer Success Coach to activate the SharePoint integration
- Documents available in your SharePoint sites and subsites
- Our Showpad Connector, available in the Microsoft Office Store
The quick way to awesomeness
- In the Showpad Admin Settings, enable the SharePoint integration
- Copy the Service ID, Client ID, and Token to configure your site connections
- Download and install the Showpad SharePoint Connector from the Office Store for the desired sites and subsites
- Fill in the Showpad Tenant URL (https://organizationname.showpad.biz)
- Paste the generated Service ID, Client ID, and Token
- Select the document libraries you want to enable for this site and subsite(s)
- In SharePoint Online, create the mandatory document property Showpad Publish with the values Publish and Not Published.
- Add the optional document properties Showpad Division, Showpad Release Date, Showpad Expiration Date with Date and Time as the column type. If you use Text as column type, the date format needs to be MM/DD/YYYY.
- When uploading content in SharePoint, set Showpad Publish to Publish, and the document will be automatically processed for Showpad use
- Setup and manage your content and channels in Showpad
- Distribute your files stored in SharePoint Online securely via Showpad, ensuring sales always have access to the latest, on-brand content
- When using versioning on SharePoint Online, major versions (1.0, 2.0,...) of your documents will automatically be updated and processed by Showpad
Do this step by step
- In the Showpad Admin Settings, Integrations, enable the SharePoint integration.
- Copy the Service ID, Client ID, and Token to configure your site connections so we can use them later to setup the link in the middleware connector.
- When you're already signed in on SharePoint Online, you can download the connector in the apps section.
- Select Add It and confirm that you wish to add the app by selecting Continue.
Note: If you're not signed in to SharePoint Online, you can download and install the Showpad SharePoint Connector from the Microsoft Office Store.
- Configure the connector at the site collection level. We support multiple sites and subsites on one SharePoint subdomain. Add the app via Site Contents and select Trust It.
- Configure the Showpad Connector App for your Site. Fill in the Showpad Tenant URL (https://organizationname.showpad.biz). Paste the generated Service ID, Client ID, and Token. We use this type of OAuth 2.0 to make sure the connection still works when you change your SharePoint Online administrator password.
- Select the document libraries you want to enable for this site and subsite(s). You may see a warning that for the Documents library, you need to add additional properties to make the sync work.
- We rely on a particular document property to indicate that documents have to sync with Showpad. In SharePoint Online, create the document property Showpad Publish. Documents with this property will be processed by Showpad.
Note: If you use versioning in SharePoint Online, only major document updates (1.0, 2.0,...) will trigger the synchronization with Showpad.You can add the optional properties Showpad Division, Expiration Date, and Release Date to indicate in which Division the documents belong and until when they are available in Showpad. Use Date and Time as column type, or, if you use Text as column type, the date format needs to be MM/DD/YYYY.
Any other text-based metadata that's applied to your documents will show up in Showpad as tags. These created tags are not removable in Showpad's Online Platform.
This includes the column type Choice as long as no multiple values are allowed. As explained before, the full value is seen as one tag, unless you use the ":" separator. Eg. tagA:tagB:tagC --> these are 3 tags. This also works for the Choice (no multiple values) column type.
Note: If you use Divisions, make sure that the column name Showpad Division has Managed Metadata as the type of information and that you Allow multiple values.
Doublecheck the name of the column Showpad Division. If the column name is not correct, the Showpad Division value will show up as a tag in Showpad. You shouldn't create the Showpad Division document property when you don't have divisions enabled in your Showpad instance.
- To create these properties on Site level, create a custom site column called Showpad Publish.
- When uploading content in SharePoint, use the Showpad Publish property to upload the document to Showpad. Set this field to Publish and the document will automatically process for Showpad usage. We use event receivers that detect changes at SharePoint's side. This triggers the sync with Showpad. If you set this property default to Not Published, the documents will not sync until the property changes to Publish.
- Once configured, you see a confirmation in the connector that the property was added successfully.
- Every update to a file and every version update will also reflect in Showpad. Document properties, like expiry date, are also synced. Other text-based metadata in SharePoint Online will be added in Showpad as tags. When a file is deleted from SharePoint, it will also disappear in Showpad's Content Library.
You can see a SharePoint icon in Showpad's Content Library to show the synced SharePoint documents.
- Setup and manage your content and channels in Showpad.
- Distribute your files stored in SharePoint Online securely via Showpad, ensuring sales always have access to the latest, on-brand content.