What's in it for you
Activities display all user Share activities in the Online Platform. Your team can track how prospects interact with the files and Collections shared by your users. Similar to the Share feature for users, this reporting feature provides a breakdown of sharing activity between sales reps and the potential customers they use Showpad to engage with. This information can help you determine what types of content and messaging is generating the most interest from prospects. This way, you can maximize the return on investment and better understand what approaches are most effective in helping your sales team close deals.
See how it works
- Track user and prospect sharing activity
- Track prospect interactions with shared content
- Use filters to drill down into specific activities
- Export this data for your records in CSV format
You need this to succeed
- Showpad's Essential, Ultimate or Plus pricing plan
- Administrator access to Showpad's Online Platform OR
- Promoted Division access with reporting access to at least one Division
The quick way to awesomeness
- Click Activities under the Reports tab
- Select your desired date range, activity type, and user group
- Once you have set the preferred parameters, details of the activities will be available
- If needed, you can export this information as a CSV via the download button
Learn how it's done
To see activities for a specific time period, select a date range from the drop-down menu. You can also specify an activity type (Shares, Meetings, or both) as well as a user group. If you do not select a user group, it will default to All Users. You can also use the search bar to locate shares. The available search options are the name of the user, recipient email, message subject line, and the asset name.To explore specifics of a Share, simply click the Share. This will generate a pop-out window containing detailed information including insight into the prospect's interaction with the Share. Recipient activities will be highlighted green once they occur making it easy to interpret whether a prospect has opened, viewed, downloaded, or reshared the content. You will also be able to see the messaging the sales rep included when sharing content, similarly to how you would view an email.
For assets that have been viewed, you can get further details on which pages were viewed and for how long. In those cases, you will see a small caret indicating a drop-down. Click the caret to expand the details on the interaction with that particular asset.
When a rep composes a Share and sends it to multiple prospects, the detailed view will list each recipient individually in the left pane. You can toggle between the recipients to see whether that person opened, viewed, downloaded, or reshared any content sent to them.
To get the full details for the filtered results in CSV format, click the download icon.
Open the CSV file in your spreadsheet application to see the granular data or to create your own reports.
Within the CSV export, you will see information on a per-asset level. For example, if a user shares a collection containing 5 different assets, each asset in the collection will appear as a line of the report. You may find variances in the data depending on the information available for each share, but for each asset you will see a column for:
- The date the asset was shared
- Name of the user who sent the share - In some cases, this field will be left blank, for example if the share was a link that has not yet been visited. In the scenario that a recipient views the link, you will see their browser and OS in the Name field. If the recipient's name is not available and it's an email share, the recipient's email address will show. If a user sends an email share and the name is available through CRM logging, for example, the name will appear.
- Email address of the user that sent the email
- Title of the share
- Recipient name and recipient email
- The name of the file sent
- Number of file views
- Number of file downloads