What's in it for you
Our new home screen will allow marketers to create an immersive layout for their team, and for sales to deliver a more intuitive presentation experience to buyers. This design change will also help sales reps to quickly get what they need by using a new tab layout. We created this page to show what will change visually and how it compares to the current design. We want our admins to be prepared to make any necessary changes and inform users to have a smooth transition to this great new Showpad update. These changes will be released soon for the Showpad Web app and later for the Showpad mobile apps.
See how it looks
Introducing three tabs on the Home Screen
- Present replaces the existing Content tab and shows grand Channel previews
- Personalize is a new section that displays personal user collections and files
- Share shows the tracked activity to determine the most valuable content for deals
The current home screen (Content Tab) will be renamed to the Present tab. The Present tab will have a re-designed layout that will allow you, as administrators, to create a highly immersive, branded, visually appealing home screen for your users. Here are the highlights:
- In Showpad's Online Platform, you can upload a Cover Image in the Design options of the channel.
- A 2400 pixels wide JPG or PNG file is recommended for an excellent result.
- Your users can re-order their channels on the Present tab.
- A focal point allows focussing on an important area of the Cover Image.
- These cover images are displayed on the home screen of your users. If no Cover Image is uploaded, the preview for that channel will display the regular background and logo. Focal points are not available for default covers that use the Channel background image. In that case, the focus will be the center of your background image.
- If the channel does not have a background or logo, the preview will display the default gray background.
- The channel previews will no longer display small square thumbnail images. Instead, they will be dynamically re-size to occupy the entire screen depending on the number of channels that have been assigned to that user.
- Below, you can see how the channel previews automatically resize when there are 1, 3, 5, and 8 channels. If you have more than 8 channels, all additional previews will have the same size as the previous 8.
Note: For the best user experience, it is recommended that high quality and visually unique images are used as cover images for each channel. This will ensure that users can easily distinguish between channels and navigate efficiently within Showpad.
Collections will move away from the existing home screen and now be available in the new Personalize tab.
- My Uploads will be renamed to My Files and will now be available in the Personalize tab.
- Users will now be able to organize these uploaded files in folders.
On the Share tab, users can track how prospects interact with the files and Collections they shared. We recently improved this feature so users can decide with accuracy which steps to take next in the sales conversation.