What's in it for you
An image says more than a thousand files and folders. In the Design options of your channels, you can elevate your company's brand image, by adding a superb Cover Image. These images allow you to create an immersive layout for the sales team so they can give a more intuitive presentation experience to their buyers. It lets your users recognize immediately where they can find what content.
If you don't use a Cover Image for a Channel, the channel background is used by default and will be automatically resized and presented in the same, tiled structure. Your users can freely reorder and structure these channel previews in their preferred order on their home screen.
Note: Cover images are currently visible to users in the Content tab of Showpad's Web app, and the Experiences tab of the iOS app, and Gmail and Outlook plugins.
See how it looks
This preview from the Content tab, in the Web app, shows how cover images are dynamically re-sized to occupy the entire screen. Same goes for backgrounds. It is also possible to use focal points to highlight important parts of the image.
- A Cover Image creates an immersive layout for the sales team
- Expose prospects to your company's branding when a sales rep starts presenting
- Users easily recognize where they can find what content
- If no Cover Image is used, the Channel background and logo will be presented
- If there's no background or logo, the preview will display a default, gray background
- Your users can re-order these channel previews on their home screen
- A focal point allows focusing on an important area of the Cover Image
- Cover images and backgrounds are dynamically re-sized to occupy the entire screen
You need this to succeed
- Administrator access on Showpad's Online Platform
- A JPG or PNG file of 2400 pixels wide is recommended for an excellent result
- Cover images that will easily distinguish your channels
The quick way to awesomeness
- Go to your Channel and click Design
- Select Cover Image
- Upload your custom Cover Image
- Select the focal point
- Preview how it looks on your devices and click Save
Do this step by step
- Click the Library tab. Choose a divison, if relevant.
- Open your Channel Builder and select a Channel.
- Click Design and select Cover Image.
- Upload your custom Cover Image by dragging and dropping the picture or by selecting it from your drive. Click Next.
Note: We recommend a 2400 pixels wide JPG or PNG file for an excellent result.
- You will notice that by default, the Channel background is used as a Cover Image. A focal point allows focussing on an important area of the Cover Image.
Note: Focal points are not available for default covers that use the Channel background image. In that case, the focus will be the center of your background image.
- Click Save and your Cover Image will now be visible on the Experiences tab for the user. The Cover images and backgrounds are dynamically resized to occupy the entire screen both for desktop and mobile.