What's in it for you
The Selector Template in Showpad Experiences automatically tailors sales conversations. It instantly filters content based on criteria selected during the conversation your sales reps have with their prospects. The filtering is based on the tags attached to the assets in the Content Library.
Make sales conversations look like this:
- "I'm interested in a Windows or an iOS device. I don't care about storage, so 8 Gb will be enough."
- "Sure, Ms. Prospect, I have selected these excellent brochures, based on your needs. They're already shared via email."
- "That's fast Mr. Salesman! Exactly what I requested. Thanks!"
Now, we all know 8 Gb will never be enough, but you get the picture. Ms. Prospect will be back soon for another great sales experience.
Note: Pages are not compatible with the Selector experience.
See how it works
- Present content, based on responses from customers and prospects
- Criteria-based filtering
- Filters with asset tags configured in the Content Library
- Narrow down what prospects want in just a few taps
You need this to succeed
- Showpad Plus or Ultimate plan
- Showpad Experiences activated
- You can download a design template on our Design guidelines page
- A well-thought-out idea of how to structure your content
- Content in the content library
- Well-defined asset tags, as they are used for filtering
- If needed, contact your Customer Success Coach for more information
The quick way to awesomeness
- Start with building a path for your users by adding Nodes
- Create filters your users can select by associating tags
- Customize your Design with icons, logos, and colors to match your company's branding
- Start sharing content with the Selector Experience
Do this step by step
Navigation in the Selector experience is done by clicking or tapping on Nodes. You can see these nodes as folders and assets that guide your user during their sales conversations. We'll start by creating a new Advanced Experience and start building nodes in the Experience Builder.
- Open the Channel Builder and create a new channel by selecting Advanced Experience.
- Choose the Selector template and click Create.
- The Experience Builder will open. You'll see two tabs: Navigation and Design.
Navigation: Here's where you create the nodes and create the tag-based filtering.
Design: Here's where you can change the look & feel of the Selector template.
- Start with creating your nodes in the Navigation Layout window. Click the + icon and give your node a logical name that easily categorizes your products and services.
The navigation tree you create reflects the levels your users see on their screen. Nodes without associated tags are a category. Nodes with tags are the filters. You can create as many categories and sub-categories as you want. For ease of use, we recommend a maximum of two levels, with the tags on the third level.
All these nodes are automatically structured in a diamond shape. This positioning algorithm cannot be changed. However, you can modify the order of your nodes at any time.
- Once you start configuring the child nodes and you define the tags, you'll see that the icon of the child node changes. Only the most child node, this is the last level node, can have a tag.
Create filters by associating tags
- It's important to know that when your users select multiple tags in the same category, this will use an OR relation to filter out the assets. This means the assets that populate can have the applicable tags for any one or all of the tags within the same category. Selecting multiple tags from different categories uses an AND relation filter, meaning the assets must have both tags from the different categories to populate.
For example, based on the set up below, your user selects Tablet and Notebook in the Product Type node. All devices with Tablet or Notebook tags will be visible in the results.
If we go to the Market Segment category and select the Enterprise tag, it filters Tablets OR Notebooks AND made for Enterprise environments.
- Icons propagate down in the tree structure. If you don't add an icon, the icon of the previous node is used. You can customize them at each level. For your convenience, we added default icons that come out of the box. They are automatically used if you don't upload customized icons.
In the Options window, you can upload your customized Navigation and Selection icons. Navigation icons are used on the navigation screen and Selection icons will appear in the content selection at the bottom of the screen.
These are the icons the users see:
Clicking the Design tab opens a window where you can change the global design settings for the selected experience. You can see in real time how it looks for your users in the Preview window.
- In the Logos section, you can upload a Header logo. This logo is visible on all nodes. There is no exact limit for the size of your logo, however, we recommended a height of about 100px.
- Page style changes the look of your Selector.
- The Nodes & Buttons change the colors of the selected and unselected nodes.
This is how your users will see it:
- The Breadcrumbs are reminders of the sections and subsections the user is currently visiting. The user can navigate back to the current and previous sections by clicking or tapping a breadcrumb. Here you can change the background and font colors.
This is how your users will see it:
- The Footer shows the selected filters and the results.
- Alter the colors for the Asset List. This is where your users can see the filtered results.
This is how your users will see it in the list view. Same colors apply for the thumbnail view when clicking the icon in the bottom left-hand corner.
Start sharing content
Your users can start sharing content when opening the Selector Experiences channel.
- Results of the filtering are visible at the bottom right of the screen. The number of filtered assets is visible and selecting View will take you to the results.
- Now, you'll see a list of all assets in a grid view with thumbnails. Select specific assets or use Select All.
- The icon at the bottom left takes you to the List View of the filtered assets without the corresponding thumbnails.
- Share the selected assets by email, link, or add them to a personal collection.
- Navigating back can be done by selecting the Close button. Using the Breadcrumbs on top-left takes you back to the main screen.
- Navigating on a smartphone is different from the desktop and tablet navigation. The diamond shaped buttons are rectangular buttons, and there's no breadcrumb but a back button on the left side of the current filter group name. Selector is only available in portrait mode, not in landscape mode.