Atom is an immersive, easy-to-build Advanced Experience you can create for your users. Use this Showpad Experiences template to quickly translate your existing Showpad folder structure into a beautiful and flexible mind map. Atom lets you contextualize your offer in a branded and logical way. This is the simplest way to turn your Showpad folder structure into an impacting and more focused presentation.
See how it works
- Let your users analyze the needs of their prospects
- Show your products and services in an easy and interactive way
- Perfect for getting started with Showpad Advanced Experiences
You need this to succeed
- Showpad Plus or Ultimate plan
- Showpad Advanced Experiences activated
- A well-thought-out idea of how to structure your content
- You can download a design template on our Design guidelines page
- Content in the content library
- If needed, contact your Customer Success Coach for more information
The quick way to awesomeness
- Start with building a structure by adding Nodes in the Experience Builder
- Build a path your users can follow by creating other nodes within a node
- Link to a visual Page that shows detailed information about a particular topic
- Customize your design with icons, logos, and colors to match your company's branding
- Start sharing content with Showpad Experiences
Do this step by step
Navigation in the Atom experience is done by clicking or tapping on nodes. You can see these nodes as folders and pages that guide your user during their sales conversations. We'll start by creating these nodes in the Experience Builder.
- Open the Experience Builder and create a new Experience by selecting Advanced Experience.
- Select the Atom template and click Create.
- The Experience Builder will open. You'll see two tabs: Navigation and Design.
Navigation: Here's where you create the nodes, change their colors or icons, and link to your content.
Design: Here's where you can change the look & feel of the Atom template.
- Start with creating your nodes in the Navigation Layout window. Click the + icon and give your node a logical name.
- When creating your node, you'll notice a second Node Configuration window appears. Here, you can change the background color of the icon, and upload your custom (transparent) .png file. The node color will change depending on the node the user visits. For best results, upload a .png file of 100x100px.
It's not mandatory to use an icon. You can simply work with a background color to visualize a node.
- If you need to delete a node you've created, hover over it on the Navigation Layout menu. Click the trash can icon. You will also be removing any possible links related to assets or tags for that particular node. Click Yes to proceed with the deletion when prompted.
- When creating new subnodes, make sure to open them before adding more nodes inside them. As in the gif below, click the newly created node to be able to add other subnodes within its folder structure.
Link content to nodes
- In the Node Configuration, you can enable Link Content by clicking the toggle. This button gives you the option to add a link, asset, URL, or Page to your Node.
- When you enable Link Content you choose which content type you'd like the node to point to by selecting the Content Type drop-down menu in the third column. A Page will link to a Page you've created. An Asset will link to another Asset in your organization's Showpad account. A Node link will point to another node in the Atom Experience and a URL can lead users to an external web page.
- Learn more about creating visually appealing pages to link to your Atom here.
Clicking the Design tab opens a window where you can change the global design settings for the selected experience. You will see a live Preview at the right side of the screen.
We'll start with the Navigation section.
- In the Logos section, you can upload a Header logo. This logo is displayed on all nodes, except for the Home node. The Home logo is the logo displayed in the center circle of the home node. We recommend using a .png file of 100px in height.
Note: It is also possible to upload a .gif as a logo. The file size must be less than 4Mb.
- Page Style. The background color stays the same no matter which node was visited. You can choose one or two colors to mix in the background. When mixing two colors, both colors are applied following a radiant. One color is used for the middle and the other is used for the surroundings.
There is also a principle of inheritance of the background. The background of a parent node is applied to all child nodes unless a specific background is uploaded in a given child node. As soon as a child node becomes the parent, the same principle applies again. Nodes can have different background colors, under the Breadcrumbs section.
- The breadcrumbs are reminders of the sections and subsections the user is currently visiting. The user can navigate back to the current and previous sections by clicking or tapping a breadcrumb. Here you can change the background and font colors.
This is how your user will see it:
Note: Changing the breadcrumbs' background color will never affect nodes that have been already created. The color you select here will be used as default color when creating new nodes. In order to change nodes' colors individually, navigate to the Navigation tab, select the nodes that you want the color to change, and select the appropriate color from the Node Configuration window on the right-hand side.
Start sharing content
Your users can start sharing content when opening this Showpad Experience.
- Navigating back can be made in two ways. Click the X button on the left-hand side of the center node or use the breadcrumb and click on the previous navigation section.
- There is a fullscreen button in the top right corner of the application that can also be used to exit fullscreen mode.
Note: When users exit the Showpad app after browsing three levels deep, users will be directed back to the Atom home screen when reopening Showpad.