Showpad offers a SAML-based single Sign-On (SSO) service that allows users to use their organization’s credentials to access Showpad. It eases your users' lives with fewer usernames and passwords, as there's only one account to remember.
This article describes how you can set up SSO for Showpad using ADFS as the Identity Provider (IDP).
- Users can access Showpad with their Windows credentials
- Auto-provision & assign users to the right groups in Showpad
- Reduce security threats to sensitive data loss
- Centralized user, password and authorization management
You need this to succeed
- Platform Enterprise on Showpad
- Available as an add-on on Showpad Plus pricing plan
- Administrator access on both Showpad's Online Platform and your ADFS server
- Some ADFS knowledge can be useful
- Users available on your ADFS server
The quick way to awesomeness
- Enable SSO in Showpad
- Configure SSO with your ADFS server settings
- Download the Showpad Metadata XML file
- Add a Relying Party Trust on your ADFS server
- Use the downloaded XML file to import data about the relying party
- Add an issuance Transform Rule with the name UPN to Name ID
- Send LDAP Attributes as Claims
Do this step by step
- Go to Admin Settings, Sign-On, Add Configuration. Add a new SAML 2.0 configuration and give it a name.
- Download the Showpad Metadata XML file that is generated after ADFS was set up as IdP in the SSO setup of Showpad.
- Login on the ADFS server and start the ADFS Management. Right-click on Relying Party Trusts and Add Relying Party Trust. Click Start.
- Select the Data Source. Use the XML file to import data about the relying party from a file.
- Specify Display Name.
- Configure Multi-factor Authentication Now.
- Select Permit all users in the Issuance Authorization Rules.
- Ready To Add Trust. Click Next.
- Select to open the Edit Claim Rules screen and click Close.
- Claim Rules: These rules are needed in order to map the identifier (Name ID) and the parameters for auto provisioning.
UPN to Name ID: Add an issuance Transform Rule with the name UPN to Name ID. It must be a Send LDAP Attributes as Claims rule.
- Send user information to Showpad.
Add an issuance Transform Rule with the name UPN to Name ID. It must be a Send LDAP Attributes as Claims rule.