You can use your CRM account (Salesforce, MS Dynamics, or SAP C4C) with the Gmail plugin function of the Showpad for Chrome extension. This allows you to share your content in Gmail and automatically log your activities in your CRM instance. Whether you share content or not, all email activity and sharing of content is visible in your CRM Activities.
If you have shared activities enabled in your Salesforce account or if it is enabled by default in your Salesforce organization, you will be able to log the activity against more than one contact in your organization.
If you send an email to one of your colleagues in the same domain, the activity won't be logged in your CRM. We automatically filter out the users in the same company domain.
See how it looks
- Share Showpad content from within Gmail
- Populate contacts from Salesforce, MS Dynamics, or SAP C4C
- See or change the related Salesforce Opportunities for the selected contact
- Log your activities in Salesforce, MS Dynamics, or SAP C4C
- Emails to your colleagues in the same organization won't be logged
- Activity will not be logged to your CRM when using the browser extension
Do this step by step
- Connect to your preferred CRM in the Showpad Chrome extension by checking the CRM checkbox. Fill in your CRM credentials.
- Start typing a recipient in your address bar in Gmail. The Showpad Chrome extension in Gmail will automatically suggest a CRM contact and account/opportunity based on what you type in the address bar. For SAP C4C and Dynamics, the field will contain Opportunity, Account, Contact, or Lead.
- Check if the suggestions for the contact or lead and opportunity or account are correct, adjust where needed. If your Salesforce settings allow you to log an activity against more than one record, you will be able to select more than one contact.
- If a Contact is not connected to the Opportunity or Account, you'll see a warning icon.
- Send the email.
- Open your CRM and check the logging.