We have an exciting update for the Windows Desktop App. We opened the hood and switched out the old engine with a new and faster one. It allows us to include existing Showpad features and develop new ones in future versions.
- The app opens immediately
- PDF assets open up faster
- Showpad Coach users can now enjoy using the PitchIQ feature
- Improved support for custom Showpad Experience Apps
All the details
With the upcoming Windows Desktop App 2.0, you create a more significant buyer impact. We revamped the foundation to bring a faster, more reliable, and more innovative experience for all Windows users.
Sales reps on the go can now open PDF assets much faster. The app launches immediately, so there’s no waiting around when trying to find an asset in the heat of the moment.
Next to that, this upgrade brings PitchIQ to Windows for Coach users. PitchIQ enables your sellers to record their pitches and practice their skills before they go out and have their sales conversations.
Our customers love using PitchIQ to launch new messaging and products and to ramp up new hires effectively. The separate video functionality, including video thumbnails, is not included in this release.
Lastly, this new app version removes technical hurdles when developing custom Showpad Experience Apps. With improved rendering, developers can fully unleash your creativity and create buyer experiences that differentiate you from the competition.
How to prepare as a Windows Desktop App user
- If your Windows apps update automatically on your device, the new app will upgrade automatically after March 29th.
- After the upgrade, you are logged out and need to sign in again with your Showpad credentials.
- The upgrade process will remove your previous offline settings and downloaded assets. You can download them again manually for offline usage.
How to prepare as an administrator
- Inform your Windows Desktop App users that a new, faster version of the app will arrive on March 29th.
- If your users have auto-update enabled in their Microsoft store settings, they will receive the latest app automatically.
- If your organization manages the release of applications, ensure that the new Windows Desktop App is shared on your company or corporate app store after it’s available on the Microsoft store.
- After the upgrade, your users will need to sign in again with their Showpad credentials. Make sure your team knows the organization name to sign in.
- The upgrade process will remove their previous offline settings and downloaded assets. They can download them again manually for offline usage.
Please contact your Customer Success Manager for more information, or contact our Support team by clicking the Help button in the lower corner of your screen.